Does end-of-file (end-of-page) key work in Netscape 4.03 (LinuxDoes end-of-file (end-of-page) key work in Netscape 4.03 (Linux

Does end-of-file (end-of-page) key work in Netscape 4.03 (LinuxDoes end-of-file (end-of-page) key work in Netscape 4.03 (Linux

Post by Linux P » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

For Netscape 4.03 (stand-alone) under Linux:

I have tried Ctrl-PageDown, Alt-PageDown, Ctrl-End,
Alt-End, Meta->  (Esc->) and many other keystroke combinations
to go the end of web page.

Is there a keystroke to do this that perhaps I haven't tried?

If not, is there a way to fix it perhaps with the addition
of a line in preferences.js or .Xdefaults ?

(Of course, I would like to be able to jump to the top of
the page, also.)

If it's not fixable in 4.03, do the latest versions fix this?

Thanks

P.S. If there's a more appropriate group to post this
message in, please let me know.

NOTE-- Junk mail trap:
To e-mail me, please remove the following word from the
address above: system

Does end-of-file (end-of-page) key work in Netscape 4.03 (LinuxDoes end-of-file (end-of-page) key work in Netscape 4.03 (Linux

Corrected "Subject:" line:

Post by s. keeli » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> Corrected "Subject:" line:
> Does end-of-file (end-of-page) key work in Netscape 4.03 (Linux)

> >For Netscape 4.03 (stand-alone) under Linux:

> >I have tried Ctrl-PageDown, Alt-PageDown, Ctrl-End,
> >Alt-End, Meta->  (Esc->) and many other keystroke combinations
> >to go the end of web page.

> >Is there a keystroke to do this that perhaps I haven't tried?

<CTRL>-<mouse_click_in_scroll_bar> will bounce you to the top or
bottom (I think this is a Motif-ism).

--

                            TopQuark Software & Serv. Enquire within.

Does end-of-file (end-of-page) key work in Netscape 4.03 (LinuxDoes end-of-file (end-of-page) key work in Netscape 4.03 (Linux

Post by Jeff Boso » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Look in the Netscape.ad file and find the key and pointer button
definitions. There are hundreds of them.  I've forgotten whether
that file is actually used or is just for examples. One thing I
know works because I do it is to copy stuff out of there and put
it in my ~/.Xresources file, modify to my liking, and do
"xrdb -load ~/.Xresources" and restart Netscape.

This line look related to your question:

~Meta ~Alt Ctrl <Key>osfBeginLine: xfeDoCommand(moveCursor,beginningOfPage)

They only have it defined for the editor. Try it in the normal window.

Post by Linux P » Sun, 08 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>Look in the Netscape.ad file and find the key and pointer button
>definitions. There are hundreds of them.  I've forgotten whether
>that file is actually used or is just for examples. One thing I
>know works because I do it is to copy stuff out of there and put
>it in my ~/.Xresources file, modify to my liking, and do
>"xrdb -load ~/.Xresources" and restart Netscape.

>This line look related to your question:

>~Meta ~Alt Ctrl <Key>osfBeginLine: xfeDoCommand(moveCursor,beginningOfPage)

>They only have it defined for the editor. Try it in the normal window.

I did try adding that line (and several other snippets from the file),
but they didn't work.

(I, too, have successfully used code from that file in the past.)

Although, the first suggestion, Control_Click-ScrollBar, works
great, -if- a keystroke can be set up for this, that would
be even better, and speedier to use.

Post by s. keeli » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> [05 Nov 1998 07:56:41 -0800]

> >Look in the Netscape.ad file and find the key and pointer button
> >definitions. There are hundreds of them.  I've forgotten whether

> >~Meta ~Alt Ctrl <Key>osfBeginLine: xfeDoCommand(moveCursor,beginningOfPage)

> Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately, it didn't work nor did
> any variations I tried.

> It really seems that *no one* is able to jump to the top of a page or
> to the end in the browser window of netscape for linux by means of the
> keyboard (without a mouse or keyboard emulation of a mouse).

... No one you've found.  Are you looking in the right places?  I've
pointed out that the Motif interface with which Netscape is linked has
this function built-in via mouse.  If you tell Motif what to do
correctly, it'll do it.

So maybe comp.windows.x.motif (?) would be a better place to be asking
than c.o.l.*?  Or alt.unix.wizards (?) for specific keymap tweaking?
This is not a Linux specific question.

--

                            TopQuark Software & Serv. Enquire within.