Can't connect to Napster :(

Post by Peter Schafft » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi!

Using gnapster 1.4.1a, I'm unable to connect to any napster
server, either the "official" one, or any other.  I have the
same problem with every napster client I've tried under Linux.
The reason seems to be "No route to host."  Typically, the
client connects to the redirect server, but when a "best" server
is found, my connection is summarily refused.

I run Debian potato on a vanilla standalone box.  I connect
to the net through a dialup ISP using a 56K modem.  I'm not
behind any kind of firewall, and don't have any problems with
any other kind of TCP/IP protocol.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to connect to
napster?  Some sort of entry in /etc/gateways?  Something else?
I'm really at a loss here.

--
PTPi
(Peter Schaffter)

Post by Jay&Shel » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi!

> Using gnapster 1.4.1a, I'm unable to connect to any napster
> server, either the "official" one, or any other.  I have the
> same problem with every napster client I've tried under Linux.
> The reason seems to be "No route to host."  Typically, the
> client connects to the redirect server, but when a "best" server
> is found, my connection is summarily refused.

> I run Debian potato on a vanilla standalone box.  I connect
> to the net through a dialup ISP using a 56K modem.  I'm not
> behind any kind of firewall, and don't have any problems with
> any other kind of TCP/IP protocol.

> Can someone please tell me what I need to do to connect to
> napster?  Some sort of entry in /etc/gateways?  Something else?
> I'm really at a loss here.

> --
> PTPi
> (Peter Schaffter)

I'm not implying anything. But don't log on as a new user. I use
Knapster from the KDE desktop.

Can't connect to Napster :(

Post by Peter Schafft » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> > Can someone please tell me what I need to do to connect to
> > napster?  Some sort of entry in /etc/gateways?  Something else?
> > I'm really at a loss here.
> I'm not implying anything. But don't log on as a new user. I use
> Knapster from the KDE desktop.

OK, I'll give it a shot.  Not hopeful, though.

--
PTPi
(Peter Schaffter)

Can't connect to Napster :(

Post by Minko Marko » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi!

> Using gnapster 1.4.1a, I'm unable to connect to any napster
> server, either the "official" one, or any other.  I have the
> same problem with every napster client I've tried under Linux.

I use gnapster happily with server 64.124.41.219, port 8888

This is not an open-nap server.

Anyway, soon we'll be using gnutella :)

--
Minko

Can't connect to Napster :(

Post by Peter Schafft » Sun, 12 Nov 2000 16:44:00

> > Hi!

> > Using gnapster 1.4.1a, I'm unable to connect to any napster
> > server, either the "official" one, or any other.  I have the
> > same problem with every napster client I've tried under Linux.

> I use gnapster happily with server 64.124.41.219, port 8888

> This is not an open-nap server.

I tried the suggested server.  No go.  Same problem as before.

Have I missed something?  Is there a configuration file I ought
to have made an entry in?  /etc/gateways, or something like
that?

--
PTPi
(Peter Schaffter)

Can't connect to Napster :(

Post by John Scudde » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Try Knapster.   The latest version includes a Napigator option for you
to manually view and select to which server you connect.

John

Quote:> Hi!

> Using gnapster 1.4.1a, I'm unable to connect to any napster
> server, either the "official" one, or any other.  I have the
> same problem with every napster client I've tried under Linux.
> The reason seems to be "No route to host."  Typically, the
> client connects to the redirect server, but when a "best" server
> is found, my connection is summarily refused.

> I run Debian potato on a vanilla standalone box.  I connect
> to the net through a dialup ISP using a 56K modem.  I'm not
> behind any kind of firewall, and don't have any problems with
> any other kind of TCP/IP protocol.

> Can someone please tell me what I need to do to connect to
> napster?  Some sort of entry in /etc/gateways?  Something else?
> I'm really at a loss here.

> --
> PTPi
> (Peter Schaffter)

Can't connect to Napster :(

Post by rinkjust.. » Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:10:37

I sent a bug report Friday Nov. 10 - for the very same reason, and
tonight i've been downloading like a sonova*... I don't know whether
it's gnapster or a conn problem or both. Perhaps the bug report i sent
made a difference :^]
Anyway, you should connect now. I made no config alterations whatsover -
Sat/Sun seems fine. Mad props to the Open Source developers who allow me
to download drum n' bass till i'm blue in the face!

http://www.*linux.com

Quote:> Using gnapster 1.4.1a, I'm unable to connect to any napster
> server, either the "official" one, or any other.  I have the
> same problem with every napster client I've tried under Linux.
> The reason seems to be "No route to host."  Typically, the
> client connects to the redirect server, but when a "best" server
> is found, my connection is summarily refused.

> I run Debian potato on a vanilla standalone box.  I connect
> to the net through a dialup ISP using a 56K modem.  I'm not
> behind any kind of firewall, and don't have any problems with
> any other kind of TCP/IP protocol.

> Can someone please tell me what I need to do to connect to
> napster?  Some sort of entry in /etc/gateways?  Something else?
> I'm really at a loss here.

> --
> PTPi
> (Peter Schaffter)

Before you buy.

1. Napster ' can't connect'

Hello,

I've used Linux Napster client v1.4 for a week.
Everything worked well. But now...suddenly..without changing anything
to the settings, I can start the client but it doesn't seem to
connect.

After I've tried the "/reconnect" command, I got this the message

Getting best host...
Connecting...
Logging in...

The nr. of total songs & total Gb remains '0'. After waiting for about
10 mins and trying several search-actions without any result there
seems to be no reaction.

I've already tried to create a new user and reinstalled all the files
but the result remains the same.

I'm using the Napster client on Red Hat 6.2 (kernel 2.2.18) and it's
behind a firewall with the these portforwarding rules:

ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $LOC_IP 6699 -R $CLIENT 6699
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $LOC_IP 4444 -R $CLIENT 4444
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $LOC_IP 5555 -R $CLIENT 5555
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $LOC_IP 6666 -R $CLIENT 6666
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $LOC_IP 7777 -R $CLIENT 7777
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $LOC_IP 8888 -R $CLIENT 8888
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $LOC_IP 9999 -R $CLIENT 9999
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $LOC_IP 8875 -R $CLIENT 8875
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $LOC_IP 8175 -R $CLIENT 8175
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $LOC_IP 61275 -R $CLIENT 61275
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $LOC_IP 61276 -R $CLIENT 61276

Some help please?

Koen Van Impe

2. nntp.1.5.12.1.tar

3. can't connect to napster

4. PC hardware testing under Linux

5. Napster can't connect

6. MAC ADDRESS TO ALL ZEROS

7. virtual host ftp setup

8. Talk refused to talk:(:(:(:(

9. USR 56K external won't connect under Linux :(

10. Nokia 6310 + GPRS - can't connect :(

11. Two squids don't want to connect :((

12. It's not bad canned meat...