Auto Probing for CD-ROM (

Post by William Hambl » Mon, 23 Oct 1995 04:00:00

  In a message on 22 October, wrote :

S9> I'm using Slackware 2.3 and it works great. However, I need to disable
S9> auto probing for SB CD-ROM everytime the system boots up.
S9>
S9> Does anyone know how can I tell kernel the I/O address of my cd-rom, so
S9> it does not need to do auto probing?

If you're using a Sound Blaster compatible CD-ROM, one way is to edit
the file sbpcd.h in your kernel source and recompile your kernel.
That's what I did.

Another way is to give lilo the proper parameters when it boots your
kernel.

Bud
 * ATP/Linux 1.42 * Who put the "arse" in Arsenio?

1. Auto Probing for CD-ROM (SB)

I'm using Slackware 2.3 and it works great. However, I need to disable
auto probing for SB CD-ROM everytime the system boots up.

Does anyone know how can I tell kernel the I/O address of my cd-rom, so
it does not need to do auto probing?

Thank you for your time.

CHOCK

2. Security: Shared Hosting

3. Want to stop auto-probing of CD-ROM

4. Firmware warnings i messages file

5. HELP->Configuring CD-ROM (stop auto-probe)

6. SMP + Scsi controller AMD53c974 / tekram dc390

7. CD-ROM auto probe

8. Where can I find the needed libraries?

9. How to stop Auto-Probing (cd-rom/sbpcd.h) ?

10. How to auto-mount 2nd CD-ROM/CD-RW?

11. RH 6.0 install loses IDE CD-ROM interrupt at SCSI probe

12. RH 4.0 install fails when probing for IDE CD-ROM

13. Help: CD-ROM i/o port probe failure