help with configuring xdm on RedHat 7

Post by Hung Ngoc La » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:48:13

Hi everyone,

I am running RH 7 with kernel 2.4.2 on an Intel box
(233MHz/128MB RAM).  I would like to connect
to this box with X-Win32 from a Microsoft
Windows.  However, nothing seems to be working
for me.  Here is what I did:

- from the Linux box:
1) edit the the  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xaccess file
to allow access from anywhere,
2) start (or restart) xdm,

-from Microsoft windows (98/NT):
1) Launch X-win32 application (using XDMCP)

Nothing work.  I have the same identical RedHat
linux 6.1 box running 2.2.18 and it works there.  Are
there any differences between 6.1 and 7.0 that I
should be aware of.  If anyone know how to fix this
problem, please help me.  I am really desperated for
a solution.

Many Thanks.
David

1. help with configuring XDM on redhat 7

Hi,
I've posted this question a while back but didn't get any response.
I desperately help.  I am running RedHat 7.0 and kernel 2.4.2.
I am also running XDM on the linux box.  I would like to be able
to use X-win32 (running on Microsoft Windows 98/NT) to logon
to the linux box to run X there.  I have the exactly the same scenario
for Redhat Linux 6.1 running on kernel 2.2.18 and everything works
fine there.  What do I need to do to make this work on Redhat 7.
Please help.  I am desparate...
thanks.
Hung

2. Linux SMP information

3. Why doesn't reboot ever reboot? (Always just halts)

4. help with configuring xdm on RedHat 7

5. Can't change root password!

6. help with configuring XDM on redhat 7

7. init_thread_union really needed by modules?

8. help with configuring xdm on RedHat 7

9. Help needed with configuring xdm

10. Cannot configure xdm - help!