S/Key with remote connections (telnet, modem dialins, ect . . . )

S/Key with remote connections (telnet, modem dialins, ect . . . )

Post by ff » Sun, 30 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know where to aquire and setup S/Key security with stuff like
modem daillins and telnet.

I'm currently running RedHat 4.0, but may have to do the same with a
Slackware 95 system as well.

Any help would be appreciated.  And thanks in advance.

1. Network Problems - Remote Ping successful / telnet local successful / telnet remote failed

im working with a small Linux System with network support on an local
network. A ping from a remote machine is successful. A local telnet
session is also successful. A telnet session from the remote machine
will fail.

I can see with ifconfig, if the ping from the remote machine is running,
the tx counter increases. If I try the remote telnet session, i can
watch incoming packets but no packet will transmitted.

With tcpdump i see the telnet connect request from the remote machine.
At next my machines sends an arp-request about the address of the remote
machine and the remote machine replies the correct information, but
nothing will happen.

My routing table has an entry for the network an for my own machine.

Has anybody an idea whats going wrong.

Thanks

Peter

2. layered ssh calls

3. Help: Remote Modem reset for dialin

4. Linux Clusters

5. Remote Ping successful/telnet local successful/telnet remote failed

6. Does ICQ and Yahoo Chess work with IP Masq?

7. Help: Remote Modem reset for dialin

8. vanishing swap space

9. Question: Alt-x keys on remote telnets

10. telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused, ok second or third try.

11. telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

12. Remote Telnet connection

13. telnet gets "remote service has closed connection"