GLIBC2 + pthreads + gdb?

Post by jrd » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Apologies up front it this has already gone by; I did a quick dejanews
search and didn't find anything.

A little while back I upgraded to GLIBC2, with linux-threads, because
I've got a thing that needs thread support.  GLIBC appears to work
correctly, as does the thread code, but gdb seems to be completely
out to lunch with respect to understanding threads.  I've upgraded to
gdb 4.17, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.  I know modern
gdbs are able to grok threads on other platforms, and assumed, perhaps
foolishly, that the thread support was there in linux.

So, for the wizards, is there a way to make gdb thread-aware using
GLIBC2 under linux?  Hints?

this group.

Thanks in advance...

GLIBC2 + pthreads + gdb?

http://www.gr.opengroup.org/java/jdk/linux/debug.htm

>group.

Please put a valid return address in your message headers.

HTH,
Ray
--
Obsig: developing a new sig

1. glibc2.0 and pthread

Hello,
I m using Suse 6.1 with glibc2.0. I recently try to use the pthread. I got
the message error during compilation about getstacksize() and
setstacksize(). I check in pthread.h. there is no such 2 functions in this
version. And i check in the new glibc2.1.2, these functions are implemented.
But when i try to set up and configure so that the system load the new
library base but untouch the old one, i got alot of problem.
My question: there s a way that i can upgrade only the pthread share
library? or there is a good way to upgrade the library base.
Thank you,

2. Please add me to sco list

3. GDB 4.16 vs glibc2.0.3 (segment fault??)

4. fix offb

5. GDB 4.16 under glibc2.05 -> core dmp

6. wnn group in /etc/group

7. pthreads and gdb

8. Web Server . . .

9. pthreads, GDB, Segmantation fault

10. gdb extension for POSIX pthreads

11. gdb & pthreads in Alpha linux 2.0.36

12. gdb and pthreads hang

13. HELP! GDB & pthread support