Help, please!! g++ --> iostream.h:no such file or directory

Help, please!! g++ --> iostream.h:no such file or directory

Post by You » Thu, 21 Mar 1996 04:00:00

When I try to compile a c++ program, I get:

iostram.h: no such file or directory.

Please help!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian

Post by J.Hernetkos » Sun, 31 Mar 1996 04:00:00

: When I try to compile a c++ program, I get:

: iostram.h: no such file or directory.

Change line

        #include<iostream.h>

        #include<stream.h>

Hope this helps you...

: Brian

--
T:jukka

Post by Stev » Mon, 01 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>: When I try to compile a c++ program, I get:

>: iostram.h: no such file or directory.

>Change line

>    #include<iostream.h>
>    #include<stream.h>

ah, no, dont do this, when i want to compile c++ programs on my machine i do
a g++ -I /usr/include/g++ program.C

(i think its a capital I, if that doesnt work try a lower case i )

although it shouldnt hurt to include stream.h as well since it includes
iostream.h, but it looks like gcc cant find the header files,

-steve
--
    I'm just very selective about the reality i choose to accept. -Calvin
     I have plenty of common sense, i just choose to ignore it. -Calvin

Help, please!! g++ --> iostream.h:no such file or directory

Post by John Davi » Mon, 01 Apr 1996 04:00:00

We had that problem with gcc (using the g++ command) on one of our linux
installations here.  We downloaded & reinstalled gcc (using pkgtool, I
think), and the g++ command now compiles  C++ programs quite well, and
nearly all of them have #include <iostream.h> (which used to produce
that same file not found error you mentioned).

Good luck!

John

--

John Davis
Mathematics & Computer Science

Pursue the light of truth guided by the lamp of wisdom.

1. <<->> x-server and backspace: help needed please <<->>

Hi all,

I'm using an XServer to connect to my Linux box from W2k. The
backspace key (and the delete key) work like the delete key. However,
when I do a SHIFT+BACKSPACE, the backspace key works like it's
supposed to. How do I fix that so that I don't have to use the SHIFT
key? It's pretty annoying especially in VIM.
Here is the command the XServer uses at login, not sure if that helps
though:
(/usr/bin/X11/xterm -fn 6x13 -sb -ls -display %IP#% -name %T% &)

Thanks a bunch,
Jim

2. DFE-680TX

3. >>==>> Some help with my scripting please.

4. SolarisX86 & Burnt CDs

5. iostream.h No such file or directory

6. sockets and exit on Solaris 2.5.1

7. httpd - Error: "Expected </Directory> but saw </Directory>"

8. problem: ypserv not serving ms services for unix anymore

9. Apache SSI and <Directory> vs <Directory Match>

10. apache 1.3.1;aix4.3;Expected </Directory> but saw </Directory>

11. html & cgi files in the same directory <<bugzilla>>

12. Expected </Directory> but saw </Directory>

13. Help, please!! g++ --> iostream.h:no such file or directory