problem in compiling ftape 1.14

Post by Daniel » Thu, 17 Nov 1994 18:01:16

I am having trouble compiling ftape1.14

gcc complains that
cc -g -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -m486 -O6 -DVERIFY_HEADERS -DSLOW_STARTER  -D__KERNEL__ -DKERNEL -DLINUX -c fdc-io.c
fdc-io.c: In function `fdc_grab_irq_and_dma':
fdc-io.c:1025: too many arguments to function `request_dma'

I am running linux 1.1.47 and gcc 2.5.8

It is bombing in the line
result = request_dma( fdc.dma, ftape_id);

but my system contains
/usr/include/asm/dma.h:extern int request_dma(unsigned int dmanr);   /* reserve a DMA channel */

I got my linux from Yggdrasil Fall 1994 Plug & Play

Thank you for your help.

dan

Post by Stelios Parnassid » Fri, 18 Nov 1994 05:38:03

: I am having trouble compiling ftape1.14

Have you allready applied the patch ftape-1.14a.diff?
For me it did work only after the patching.

Stelios

1. Colorad FC-20 board and ftape 1.14 or 2.02

Has anyone managed to get the Colorado FC-20 board (or for that matter, the
FC-10 board!!!) to work with the ftape driver?  I believe the FC-10 option
when compiling ftape *should* work (since I know that DOS drivers for the
FC-10 will work on the FC-20).  However, the board isn't detected.  And if
I hack the driver to pretend it has been detected, well, it still
doesn't work because interrupt fails to occur when expected. I have tried all
free IRQ settings (making sure they match with what the board is set to)
without success, and also the dma channels .

As a side note, I have also been unable to get the drive to work under
linux when it's connected to the second floppy controller (instead of
the primary one), though this works under dos.  The second controller
is getting detected, but the tape drive isn't.

Any help would be appreciated -- I don't want to have to figure out
how to get dosemu to work and run the dos drivers under the emulator
to see what it does, as John Tombs (if my memory serves me right) did
when writing the fc-10 driver.

Ricardo

2. Business case for OpenCarbon

3. Ftape 1.14 I/O errors

4. Recommendation for 802.11b wireless PCMCIA/PCI set.

5. ftape 1.14 and 8272A

6. SIOCGIFHWADDR not defined on Solaris?

7. problem with cyrus21-imapd-2.1.14 and debian sarge

8. Netscape server erases config file

9. Problem getting Term (1.14) to work

10. Problem configuring Resin 2.0.1/Jikes 1.14 on Redhat 6.2

11. problem with bash 1.14

12. problem in using term 1.14

13. ANNOUNCE: dbmalloc 1.14