Wacom Tablet with gpm??

Post by Planet- » Sat, 06 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I have had a wacom tablet for a long while and recently put linux on and
want to use my tablet in X and with gpm. if you type "gpm -t help" there
is a "wacom" listed at the bottom.. so i tried hooking up the tablet and
running "gpm -t wacom" and wow.. it did nothing. so i killed that and
hooked my ms compatible mouse up and ran "gpm -t Microsoft" and it all
worked again. The tablet DOES work because i have run it in win nt and
95 lately. Also, i have noticed that in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config
(or wherever the file is) there is a spot for the Wacom Stylus and some
other wacom stuff.. i tried to uncomment this and have X recognize the
tablet, yet all i get is errors when trying to start X.

If you have done this before or know how to setup the tablet in X i'd
appreciate it.. thanks

1. Wacom Tablets and XFree86 3.1.2G

I have a web page that had given instructions on how to set up
a Wacom tablet under the XFree86 3.1.2G beta. I've just updated
this at "http://www.dorsai.org/~stasic/wacomx.htm".

I've been informed that the way /dev/null had been used would
unnecessarily waste CPU time. When I first got my tablet to
work with XFree86 3.1.2C , I was so ecstatic about this that
I didn't even bother to think of how to refine it.

I just wanted everyone to be aware of this.

Cheers,
Edward

2. lynx features

3. WACOM tablets & the GIMP

4. Can I connect two linux based computer via modem?

5. Wacom ArtZ tablet with Linux?

6. Ordinary Tape drive Device ?

7. Figuring out the correct device (Wacom Tablet Related)

8. Any updates on ISDN cards ?

9. Wacom digitizing tablet and Linux??

10. Wacom USB Graphics Tablet

11. problem with wacom tablet driver under xfree86

12. Wacom display tablet monitor specs

13. Configuration of USB Wacom sketching tablet