How to configure RedHat 4.1 into a Print Server??

How to configure RedHat 4.1 into a Print Server??

Post by Chua Beng H » Sat, 07 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I wanted to use Linux as a print server in a network of Win95 computers. I'm
having RedHat 4.1 and wish to configure it to be a print server, but does
not have the slightest idea on how to do it.

Anyone out there with a good example?? Please email to me your solutions and
suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

p/s : I'm using TCP/IP.

1. Printing to a print server - RH 4.1

Going hunting through the FAQs, but thought I'd ask here for
experience(s)...

Got a mini network of sorts setup using 10base2 (thin coax) that's mainly
used for playing games and passing (big) files. Looking at investing in
a print server box to get rid of the switch box. No, don't want one of
those auto-switchers either.

Anybody have this kind of setup? Care to share any setup tips?

Nope, no dedicated server. Just peer-to-peer.

Looked at Linksys's Pocket Print Server. Supports Win95, NT, and
   WFW using NetBEUI & Novell using IPX/SPX.
Seen another one (name escapes me) that says it also supports
  Unix. Would I be better off to try this one?

Currently running RH 4.1, possibly going to RH 4.2 sometime.

TIA,
Stef
--
the 2 is for, ya know... kill it to email me
Dilbert's boss - "You misspelled that word."

2. apache restart problem

3. problem printing 2.5 --> 4.1.3u print server

4. Solaris7, Oracle 8.1.6 and DBD::Oracle

5. DEC Etherworks 3 NIC configured under Redhat 4.1

6. switch to RH5 and tin newsreader

7. problems configuring redhat 4.1 with NCR 77C22E SVGA video

8. at command

9. How do I configure Netscape Server 4.1 & 6.x to run SSI?

10. Redhat 4.1 printing problem

11. RedHat 4.1 -- does it have what I need to print on inkjet?

12. lpd problems and Kernel 2.0.30, Redhat 4.1 / printing

13. Printing Problems with ghostscript 5.03 on RedHat 4.1 system