TV Tuner/Video Capture cards that support Win2K or Linux?

Post by Nicholas Yu » Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:18:54

> If you know of any decent TV/Video Capture card that supports EITHER
> Win2k or Linux, please let me know. (I expect that most people would not
> know a card that supports both just because they do not deal with the
> two operating systems. So please let me know the cards that support
> one of them).

        You might also want to have a look at FlyVideo'98.

        http://www.lifeview.com

        They have W2K support and also URL links to Linux.

        The application software that comes with it is quite buggy (overlay
display problem). The drivers works fine.

        I use AVI_IO (http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/) instead.

        The card uses the Conexant (formerly BrookTree) chip BT878
(http://www.lifeview.com/DOWNLOAD/Main.htm)

Cheers

Post by Edward Le » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 03:13:01

> > If you know of any decent TV/Video Capture card that supports EITHER
> > Win2k or Linux, please let me know. (I expect that most people would not
> > know a card that supports both just because they do not deal with the
> > two operating systems. So please let me know the cards that support
> > one of them).

>         You might also want to have a look at FlyVideo'98.

>         http://www.lifeview.com

>         They have W2K support and also URL links to Linux.

I did not find anyting on Linux.  Can you post the url?  Thanks.
Quote:>         The application software that comes with it is quite buggy (overlay
> display problem). The drivers works fine.

>         I use AVI_IO (http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/) instead.

>         The card uses the Conexant (formerly BrookTree) chip BT878
> (http://www.lifeview.com/DOWNLOAD/Main.htm)

> Cheers

TV Tuner/Video Capture cards that support Win2K or Linux?

Post by Stuffed Crus » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 03:50:27

Quote:> I did not find anyting on Linux.  Can you post the url?  Thanks.

http://www.strusel007.de/linux/bttv/

 - Pizza
--

I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.
Patience comes to those who wait.

TV Tuner/Video Capture cards that support Win2K or Linux?

Post by Emmanuel Berange » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 05:04:25

I have Miro PCTV running on W95 (W2K should be ok then) and Linux fine.

>> If you know of any decent TV/Video Capture card that supports EITHER
>> Win2k or Linux, please let me know. (I expect that most people would not
>> know a card that supports both just because they do not deal with the
>> two operating systems. So please let me know the cards that support
>> one of them).

> You might also want to have a look at FlyVideo'98.

> http://www.lifeview.com

> They have W2K support and also URL links to Linux.

> The application software that comes with it is quite buggy (overlay
>display problem). The drivers works fine.

> I use AVI_IO (http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/) instead.

> The card uses the Conexant (formerly BrookTree) chip BT878
>(http://www.lifeview.com/DOWNLOAD/Main.htm)

>Cheers

TV Tuner/Video Capture cards that support Win2K or Linux?

Post by Bill » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 06:26:02

Quote:> I have Miro PCTV running on W95 (W2K should be ok then) and Linux fine.

Not so..... Win2k is built from the NT platform & very few of the capture
devices I've looked at (Miro, Pinnacle, Dazzle, & Matrox) support any NT
platforms beyond 3.5.
Can't say about Linux though.
--

http://airjunky.com

Quote:> I have Miro PCTV running on W95 (W2K should be ok then) and Linux fine.

> Nicholas Yue a crit dans le message

> >> If you know of any decent TV/Video Capture card that supports EITHER
> >> Win2k or Linux, please let me know. (I expect that most people would
not
> >> know a card that supports both just because they do not deal with the
> >> two operating systems. So please let me know the cards that support
> >> one of them).

> > You might also want to have a look at FlyVideo'98.

> > http://www.lifeview.com

> > They have W2K support and also URL links to Linux.

> > The application software that comes with it is quite buggy (overlay
> >display problem). The drivers works fine.

> > I use AVI_IO (http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/) instead.

> > The card uses the Conexant (formerly BrookTree) chip BT878
> >(http://www.lifeview.com/DOWNLOAD/Main.htm)

> >Cheers

TV Tuner/Video Capture cards that support Win2K or Linux?

Post by Gerry Carte » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 12:20:42

I am using Dazzle DVC II on W2K.

I previously had a Hauppage Win/TV tuner and capture card that I also ran on
W2K and my brother is now running on Linux.

Cheers