Am I seeing things?

Post by Shawn Michael Ferr » Thu, 24 Mar 1994 13:48:16

I once thought I saw a posting about a book in the stores about Linux.
Is there such a beast? Or am I just dreaming? If such a thing exists, could someone mail me an ISBN number or the title of it? Much appreciated!

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

2. U2W Adaptec SCSI adapter

3. X libraries

5. Which driver for miro16Si ?

6. Disklabel seeing weird things

7. Prerequisites for destroying the M$ Monopoly

8. Using the last Command - What am I Seeing?

9. What am I seeing in Xload?

10. PPP problem... Am I seeing MSCHAP?

11. I am sick of this whole thing

12. I am interested in Linux Admin, wanted to self learn, what are important things in Admin?