How to setup a default font for nxterm in X

How to setup a default font for nxterm in X

Post by Steven Rile » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I'm doing this from my memory so bear with me.  You should find a file in
your home directory called .Xdefaults.  Edit this file, and you should find
a section pertaining to nxterm.  In this section, there should be a line
something like

font=8x10

Change this line to have 10x20, and voila, you will always have 10x20 when
you start it.

-->SR

>Hi..I would like to have nxterm start with the 10x20 font rather than the
>microdot font that it defaults to in 1024x768.  Can anybody explain how
>to do this?

>Also, I would like to find a font that displays ansi characters properly
>so that the colored fonts in *X are not garbled.  Any ideas??

>Thanks in advance for any help...

>--
>Jeff Gerard

>http://www.veryComputer.com/~jgerard

>**Remove NOSPAM to reply**

>"...not tonight dear, I've got a modem"

How to setup a default font for nxterm in X

Post by Stephen A. Weis » Fri, 14 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Another nice way to set the font is to use 'xfontsel'. This is a little
X utility that allows you to choose various fonts, sizes, etc. When
you've got one you like, press the "select" button, which will copy the
font string into your copy buffer. Then paste that into your .Xdefaults
file following 'nxterm*font: '

The whole line should look something like:

nxterm*font: -bitstream-terminal-medium-r-*-*-17-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1

-Steve

> Hi..I would like to have nxterm start with the 10x20 font rather than the
> microdot font that it defaults to in 1024x768.  Can anybody explain how
> to do this?

> Also, I would like to find a font that displays ansi characters properly
> so that the colored fonts in *X are not garbled.  Any ideas??

> Thanks in advance for any help...

> --
> Jeff Gerard

> http://www.veryComputer.com/~jgerard

> **Remove NOSPAM to reply**

> "...not tonight dear, I've got a modem"

Stephen A. Weiss
Saraf Software Solutions, Inc.    http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Default font setup in linux - Please Help me ! -

Hello,

I have question about X11's default Fonts.

I appreciate if someone in help me

I know where X11 fonts located and fonts setup in program  like xterm.

But some program's font can't setup .

That program seems to use X-windows default fonts.

I want to know how setup X-windows default fonts.

Can anyone give me some help?  Thanks a lot.

2. Linux with 440LX, 128 MB, P II ?

3. nxterm default colors

4. How to add strings into a file?

5. [Fwd: Configuring defaults for nxterm]

6. Any idea? - Amilo-M6100's modem, which type is it?

7. how to setup xterm default font?

8. libdl.a?

9. Default font setup in linux

10. Changing fonts in rxvt, xterm, nxterm

11. How to increase font size of nxterm?

12. Changing font and fontsize in nxterm

13. Font and Background Color of nxterm under Fvwmrc96