Which accelerated card video card to buy ?

Which accelerated card video card to buy ?

Post by Dirk Eddelbuett » Fri, 22 Jul 1994 04:20:35

Which accelerated card gives me best value for money for using X11 ?
Hardware is a 486/33 DX with 16 MB, monitor is an Arche 214S (a cheap
SVGA), with 28-40 kHZ horizontal, 38-85 Hz vertical, 1024x768 interlaced,
card now is a 3 year old OTI 067 with 512 kByte.

So I look for something that increases speed rather than resolution,
I'll probably stick with 800x600 or something slighly higher. Is there a
`must buy this one' avoiding driver trouble ?

I will summarise any helpful emails back to the group. I'll appreciate
any information.

Cheers, Dirk
--
Dirk Eddelbuettel

1. Programming video card (ATI card w/ s-video & tv-out) Need direction to correct info

Hi,
    I hope some people read this and can help me out.

I have a ATI Rage Pro pci video card that has s-video and tv-out. I want
to be able to use the s-video and tv-out on the card. Now, is this down
by the app(like what I find on Video4Linux) or is it in Xfree86?

I want to know if there has been a driver developed which accesses the
s-video and tv-out on the ATI card. If so, a pointer to the source would
be great.

If not, then I would like to know how would I go about to use the
s-video and tv-out. I just need some clarification on if the actual app
would take care of loading up the s-video interface and tv-out interface
or if it is the actual video card driver(Xfree86?).

Thanks for any help in advanced and if it isn't too much trouble, can
you also cc: you rhelp to my e-mail?

Gracias!

K.

2. How to mount root read-only and please e2fsck?

3. Setup TV-Card and additional Video-In on Video Card

4. can't login as "root" from the lan or telnet

5. Trident 9680 Video Card vs. Cirrus Login 5430 Video Card

6. HELP! Double variable expansion question

7. video card info - what is the fastest video Card on X?

8. Problems with Netscape 4.05, X, PPP dialup under RH 5.1

9. Video card recommendation (1280x1024 24bit depth running Accelerated-X)

10. Which accelerated video card for least hassles?

11. HELP:Accelerated video card driver..

12. Which accelerated video card for least hassles?

13. 3d video card with open-source accelerated drivers?