Linux Universe CD-Rom

Post by John M D » Tue, 15 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Allo. I'm currently running Linux from the above, but am having problems installing SVGAIB
(which LU lacks). The distribution is in ELF format (:-)) but I cannot get SVGALIB to compile
(:(). If I install the precompiled jobbies, they are ignored and I get the usual 'undefined
reference blah blah'. Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

John

1. Can't boot Linux Universe Set with Sony CDU535 CD-ROM

I have bought the Linux Universe two CD set and I am having
great difficulty booting.  I give it the command

   'install cdu535 root=/dev/cdu535 sony535=0x340'

It starts the boot process but then fails finally with

'Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 18:00'

And it doesn't indicate it recognizes the Sony CDU535 because
it outputs things like

'no Kotobuki/Matsuchita/Panasonic CD-ROM found'

I have installed an new 850MG harddrive but I don't
think this is the problem.

Any help would be appreciated!  I am getting nowhere.

Karen T. Fura

2. Suddenly lost the abilty to play CD Audio!!

3. Linux Universe won't recognize my CR-574-B Matsushita CD-ROM

4. reboot problem

5. Universal CD-ROM resells LINUX CD-ROM

6. Slim Driver Configuration

7. linux, Mitsumi CD-ROM (& SB), & the TA CD-ROM - solved!

8. adaptec raid array

9. CD-ROM not detected by linux after CD-ROM install

10. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

11. CD-ROM mount needs source <--> source needs CD-ROM mount

12. CD-ROM driver for Turtle Beach/Funai 6X CD-ROM?

13. Intsall from CD-ROM without a CD-ROM