Netscape Internet Connection Problem!!!!

Netscape Internet Connection Problem!!!!

Post by Rick » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Using netscape I connect to my isp. The Connection is maintained. But when
I go to browse unable to locate server error occurs.  In other words
although I'm connected to my isp I can't browse. Cannot get home page.
What do I have set up wrong.  My ISP is MSN.  Its dynamic isp.  MSN claims
I do not have to supply a domain name or address.  Please need help!!!

Netscape Internet Connection Problem!!!!

Post by tom.hoffm.. » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Sounds like you do not haev your isp's nameserver(s) included in your /etc/resolv.conf file.  It should look like this:

search yourisp (e.g., worldnet.att.net)
nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    #primary name server
nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    # secondary nameserver, if one exists

Hope this helps.

> Using netscape I connect to my isp. The Connection is maintained. But when
> I go to browse unable to locate server error occurs.  In other words
> although I'm connected to my isp I can't browse. Cannot get home page.
> What do I have set up wrong.  My ISP is MSN.  Its dynamic isp.  MSN claims
> I do not have to supply a domain name or address.  Please need help!!!

> --

1. Problem with my configuration (Modem and Internet Connection - Kppp....Netscape)

Hi,

I am a new user of WinLinux 2000. I enjoy to use very much WinLinux 2000
and I will appreciate if I can use my modem correctly.

Presently, I have a problem with my modem. I tried to configure it but I
can't. I submit you my problem and I hope that you will be able to tell me
how to proceed for my configuration.

Thank you

Technical
Information:

Windows version:                            Windows 98

Amount of RAM (memory):        64 MB

CPU model:                                  Intel Pentium III

Problem

The problem
occurs :                  When trying to run a WinLinux application

A short
subject:                  Problem with configurations (my modem and my
Internet connection)

Describe your
problem:

After I double-clicked on the icon DialUp ... a window appeared to tell
me :

- Error
This kernel has no PPP support, neither compiled in nor via the kernel
module loader
To solve this problem :
 * contact your system administrator
or
 * install a kernell with PPP support

                 OK

But I can continue with the window Kppp.
I can click on CONNECT and when I try to connecting to Internet with my
connection I can't and another window appears to tell me :

Connecting to : Internet Videotron
   Sorry, the modem is busy

            LOG    CANCEL

2. 2 NICs, 2 IPs: how is it determined which one is used?

3. internet connections and netscape

4. Advice on new machine...

5. Netscape Navigator 3.0 for Free SCO - IBM Internet Connection

6. Install Slackware 3.0 from CDROM.

7. Netscape doesn't find Internet Connection

8. Update orinoco driver to 0.13e

9. connect a linux machine to the internet via internet connection sharing

10. Internet-Junkie Linux-Newbie Trying to Configure Cable Internet Connection

11. internet connection dies sometims after usenet connection times out

12. Internet Connection via a Network Shared Connection in RedHat 7.2

13. internet connexion sharing through usb direct connexion