XFree3.1 + Spea Mercury P64 PCI

Post by Joern Carste » Tue, 11 Oct 1994 10:12:30

Hi all !

Did anybody get a Spea Mercury P64 graphic card combined with
XFree3.1 to work ?? I tried the xf86config programm to config
the card but no modes worked. If I start the server manually
with X -bpp 32 (X is linked to XF86_S3) sometimes I get a correct
screen, sometimes not. Even -bpp 16 or -bpp 8 sometimes work, but
I can't tell how or when or why.
I played with the settings for ChipSet, ClockChip and some
of these settings, but none of them worked out. Some comments
are found in the manuals for the S3 cards and the used chips
but none of the recommended settings give a better result.
The RamDAC is configured correctly, the card is recognized as a
S3 Vision 964, so everything basic is correct.

It seems that the card sometimes gets the timing right, sometimes
not.

Anybody any idea ??

Thanks in advance for any help

--
  Joern Carstens, Phone: +49 (0)30 6871337

1. SPEA MERCURY P64 VRAM 2MB PCI DRIVER NEEDED

Hi !

Has someone got such a driver for linux ? Or any other S3 968 compatible
driver list , maybe one of them works for me :)
                        thx in advance , Jubin Zawar :9
                        Ciao

2. printer setup problems

3. configuration of X with SPEA Mercury P64

4. Mounting XP File System....

5. xfree86 on SPEA V7/Mercury P64-V

6. Colorado tapesSummary:

7. 2.4 x86: Support for Spea Mercury P64?

8. stty: tcgetattr: Not a typewriter

9. How do I get a SPEA Mercury P64 to work?

10. Spea Mercury P64

11. How do I get a SPEA Mercury P64 to work?

12. X-driver for SPEA Mercury P64