getting an up to date distribution

Post by Simon Huan » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

hi, can anyone suggest me how to get an up to date linux distribution
(redhat, debian, or slackware), that is, one has XFree86 4.0, etc. i have
access to a cd burner and would like to have an iso. thank you very much

getting an up to date distribution

Post by Lonni J. Friedma » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

No distro has XFree86-4.0 right now.

> hi, can anyone suggest me how to get an up to date linux distribution
> (redhat, debian, or slackware), that is, one has XFree86 4.0, etc. i have
> access to a cd burner and would like to have an iso. thank you very much

getting an up to date distribution

Post by sfcyb.. » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

I know that Mandrake is beta testing a new version including Xfree86 4.0
that you can down load...

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/hydrobeta.php3

Quote:> hi, can anyone suggest me how to get an up to date linux distribution
> (redhat, debian, or slackware), that is, one has XFree86 4.0, etc. i
have
> access to a cd burner and would like to have an iso. thank you very
much

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Korn shell date cmd - getting yesterday's date

Is there an easy way of figuring yesterday's date based on using the
$(date) function.  The problems comes into play when I am trying to
pull a file with yesterday's date and today happens to be the 1st of
the month.  How can I figure out what the last day of the previous
month was?  I know there is an easy way in perl to do this, but I was
hoping there was a trick to it in Korn shell.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. any luck using redhat netcfg to dial out to isp ppp?

3. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

4. Where can I buy Alpha's in England?

5. Keeping up to date...which distributions handle this well?

6. Re Aix device drivers

7. Can't wait for UPS/FedEx, need help getting started with 5.2.

8. HELP: SCSI hard drive is not found

9. diff -rcN ups-2.45.2/Makefile ups/Makefile

10. APC USB ups, Back-UPS ES series, 2.5.68

11. UPS - software driver for the APC Smart UPS - 600 (Please HELP )

12. UPS Woes (APC Back-UPS Pro)

13. APC Back-UPS 400, updated howto for UPS?