Evolution startup errors

Post by Nosmo Ki » Sun, 16 Sep 2001 02:48:48

I'm trying to get this fine piece of software to run. After a few
install problems, It starts OK but with the error message "can't find
calendar. ics and task.ics files. How can I create them?

TIA
Nosmo

1. What is the difference between evolution in RH8 and evolution from Ximian?

Hello,
I just install the RH8 and configured the system default language to
Chinese. My PC worked great in Chinese. I really like the full
functional evolution(1.0.8), which worked very well in Chinese and
English. But when I upgraded the evolution to 1.2 from Ximian.com. It
stoped displaying the Chinese characters in all emails. I tried
different encoding methods in the menu, but it did not work. Chinese
in the menu still properly displayed.

When I upgrade the evolution, I notice that it upgrades several
dependent packages in my system. But what is the difference between
evolution with RH8 and evolution 1.2 from Ximian?
Why I lost some of the basic functions when I upgrade?
What are the tricks to get the evolution to show Chinese in mail?

Maybe some guys in Red Hat know the secrects, Can you share them with
us?

I really like to get my Chinese email back, and really thank you great
guys for create such a wonderful application.

Ji Tao

2. Modifying server: header

3. Evolution X-Evolution-Source tag

4. slip for solaris

5. ALR Evolution V Pentium and Timing Errors?

6. tcp_wrapper installation

7. ximian evolution: 554 SMTP synchronization error

8. Where do I get my LiMac?

9. Evolution: Sometimes error connecting to IMAP or SMTP host

10. evolution remote display error (display on OS/X)

11. Evolution 1.0.8 Print error message

12. Netscape suitespot: error number 11, unknown early startup error

13. Apache 1.3.24 startup error on Solaris 8 _floatdisf error