LAPTOP SURVEY

Post by Marc Fiuczyns » Wed, 13 Apr 1994 07:31:13

I am trying to collect a list of LAPTOPS that people got linux to work
on. If you have a laptop running linux please send me email with

subject: LINUX LAPTOP SURVEY

You can also send me an update to your entry.  Currently I am doing
the updates by hand and you can make life really easy for me by using
the below survey as closely as possible.  If you need to use more than
one line try to indent that text, but leave each survey question at
the beginning of the line (i.e., no '>' reply stuff).

On tsx-11.mit.edu:/pub/linux/packages/laptops/laptop-survey is a
survey that I've taken a while back.

Laptop Make and Model:
CPU speed, type, upgradeable to:
Disk size, type, upgradeable to:
RAM  size, type, upgradeable to:
Screen size, type:
Max battery life while running linux:
Weight with battery:
PCMCIA number of slot, type, bridge chip:
Mouse, Track Ball (location), ..etc.:
Docking capability:
Power conservation:
Misc neat stuff:
Linux Version:
X386 (color, gray) monitor specs:
Networking (dlink/pcmcia modules):

Sincerely,

Marc E. Fiuczynski

--
/Marc...

1. LINUX LAPTOP SURVEY

Below is an informal survey of laptops running linux. The current
survey with entries is available on tsx-11.mit.edu in
/pub/linux/packages/laptops/laptop-survey.

If you've already sent me an entry you can send me an update.
Currently I am doing the updates by hand and you can make life really
easy for me by using the below survey as closely as possible.  If you
need to use more than one line try to indent that text, but leave each
survey question at the beginning of the line. No other funky formating

containing "LINUX LAPTOP SURVEY".

Sincerely,

Marc E. Fiuczynski

Laptop Make and Model:
CPU speed, type, upgradeable to:
Disk size, type, upgradeable to:
RAM  size, type, upgradeable to:
Screen size, type, upgradeable to:
Battery type (lithium-ion,NiMh,NiCd):
Max battery life while running linux:
Weight with battery:
PCMCIA number of slot, type:
PCMCIA bridge chip (intel, cirrus, databook, etc.):
Mouse, Track Ball (location), Pen, IBM thingy, etc.:
Docking capability:
Power conservation:
Misc neat stuff:
Linux Version:
Networking (parallel/portable/pcmcia modules):
X386 (color, gray, chipset) monitor specs:

--
/Marc...

2. ADSL,Proxy Linux, Sharing internet connection, TCP/IP. Help Please?

3. Laptop survey, Dell latitude LMP133ST

4. Mounting NFS at boot hangs

5. Result of Laptop Survey/FreeBSD

7. LINUX LAPTOP SURVEY

8. Pointers requested to Unix Validation Tools

9. Linux Laptop Survey

10. need to survey which laptop is good for Redhat6.0?

11. Laptop experience pseudo-survey.

12. Survey: Linux on LapTops

13. SURVEY: Volunteers to assist with MBA survey required