a taper problem (backup)

Post by Kirk R. Wyther » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I am getting a bunch of weird colors when I fire up taper (taper 6.9,
that shipped with rh 6.0). The major problem is that they hide most of
the menu so that it is impossible to use the application. Any one else
experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

Kirk

--
Kirk R. Wythers
Department of Forest Resources

a taper problem (backup)

Post by Robert Lync » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

[posted and e-mailed]

> I am getting a bunch of weird colors when I fire up taper (taper 6.9,
> that shipped with rh 6.0). The major problem is that they hide most of
> the menu so that it is impossible to use the application. Any one else
> experiencing this issue?

> Thanks,

> Kirk

> --
> Kirk R. Wythers
> Department of Forest Resources
> University of Minnesota
> 1530 N. Cleveland Ave.
> St. Paul, MN 55108
> Tel: 612.625.2261
> Fax: 612 625.5212

I had this problem and it was due to an old curses install.  Upgrade
your curses library, then I think you won't have any more problems.

HTH. Bob L.
--

http://www.veryComputer.com/~rm*/

1. Taper - Backup program for tapes, floppies, ZIP drives ...

2. i-center

3. Taper - Backup software for tape drives, floppies, files, ZIP drives...

4. Slackware and HP 694C

5. Ditto Drives and Taper backup

6. Mandrake PPC install problems

7. taper, i/o error, seg fault - cannot read backup

8. rtl8139 and duplex

9. Backup with taper to harddrive? Help!

10. taper-6.7.4 backup error: "Write child seg faulted"

11. TAPER 6.8.0a4 - Backup software for tape drives, floppies, ZIP drives, files

12. manually retrieving files from a bad taper backup

13. taper problem with scsi tape drive