cobalt cube 2 (or gateway microserver) serial port

cobalt cube 2 (or gateway microserver) serial port

Post by Fran » Wed, 01 Aug 2001 09:02:50

Hi all,

first I like to apologize the cross-posting, but I realy don't know the best
group who could help me.

I have recently bought a gateway microserver, which is essentially a Cobalt
cube 2 relabeled in a black instead blue case. To my knowlege it runs linux
2 for mips processors.
The cube 2 has a serial port, and I'm wondering if someone has had success
to log in (or is the port not set-up).
Also what kind of serial cabel do I need. Null modem or straight through ?

I appreciate any help

Frank Mattes

Post by Martin Gregor » Wed, 01 Aug 2001 19:54:41

>Hi all,

>first I like to apologize the cross-posting, but I realy don't know the best
>group who could help me.

>I have recently bought a gateway microserver, which is essentially a Cobalt
>cube 2 relabeled in a black instead blue case. To my knowlege it runs linux
>2 for mips processors.

The original Cube was mips but the Cube 2 followed its stablemates
into the Intel world.

The serial port is intended for a modem. The Cube is designed to be
managed from a web browser attached via the LAN connection.

Try searching www.cobalt.com or sun.com - Sun bought Cobalt - for more
information.

--

com       | +44 020 76379111

Post by u n d e r a c h i e v e » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 03:09:24

>The original Cube was mips but the Cube 2 followed its stablemates
>into the Intel world.

The Qube2 is also MIPS (like the Raq2). Qube and Raq 3s and 4s are i386.

--
u n d e r a c h i e v e r