Mounting everything ro, and other runlevel questions.

Mounting everything ro, and other runlevel questions.

Post by Thaddeus L Olcz » Wed, 31 Oct 2001 04:42:11

Is there a way to create a runlevel that starts with all services off,
and all fs mounted as ro?
Also will this work?

#!/bin/sh
export present_rl=$(runlevel|grep [0-9]*)
init 1 # or whatever runlevel you want

Do_what_you_want_at_runlevel 1.

init $present_rl
Especially if the above is started by cron.

1. mount ro then rw then ro...??

I went through the slackware install using net boot and
color144 root just fine except for it said that util.tgz was
missing from a2 and keytbls.tgz from a3. I looked for these
files on several sunsite mirrors and did not find them.

Figuring that the index file had not been updated or something
I proceded.

When booting the hd using lilo it said I needed to mount
/dev/hda1  read only. I did this and it said to do it read
write. I did this and it said to do it read only. Whats up with
this?

I am new to this linux thing and would appreciate any help.

2. Aiee: scheduling in interrupt

3. Solaris 2.4; how to export rw to some, ro to others?

4. Network issue, losing inetd services, ssh, & nfs mounts.

5. mount option? don't mount if RO...

6. Capellas: Linux, Win dows Will 'Eviscerate' Unix

7. cdrw mounting as ro

8. Exceed and Linux?

9. flashdisk and powerfailures ..... (mount as ro??)

10. root mounted ro in single user mode, major SDS fat finger

11. Mounting Linux Partition as RW v. RO

12. mount -o remount,ro cause error "device is busy"

13. fsck, LILO (how to mount root RO?)