URGENT HELP with PnP modem

Post by MetalMa » Mon, 06 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I had the same problem and now my modem is workig.

I run windows and I saw the configuration inside of windows.
The PnP sub-system will configurate the modem in the same way all times at
least you add or remove some card (I think so).

The modem was in COM4. Then I saw the irq was not the default.   I used
"setserial /dev/cua3 irq 5" and it worked.

BTW netcfg & usernet are excelent applications to do the conenction.

Hope help.

Quote:> Hey there...

> I recently installed Red Hat 5.0 on my box but I can't get it to work
> with my modem.  I have a 33.6 Sierra Semiconductors PnP modem.  I
> already tryed ISAPNPTOOLS but it was kind of hard and couldn't get it
> going.  I would aprecciate any advice on what to do; either help me out
> with isapnptools or if it's just easier to buy another modem which brand
> is sure to work with linux.

> Thanx in advanced for helping..

> ReX   ; >

This are my personal opinions
Real e-mail : metalman2600 at yahoo dot com

URGENT HELP with PnP modem

Post by ReXsO » Tue, 07 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hey there...

I recently installed Red Hat 5.0 on my box but I can't get it to work
with my modem.  I have a 33.6 Sierra Semiconductors PnP modem.  I
already tryed ISAPNPTOOLS but it was kind of hard and couldn't get it
going.  I would aprecciate any advice on what to do; either help me out
with isapnptools or if it's just easier to buy another modem which brand
is sure to work with linux.

Thanx in advanced for helping..

ReX   ; >

URGENT HELP with PnP modem

Post by Sam Trenhol » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I would aprecciate any advice on what to do;

RedHat 5.1 has some limited PNP support and may work for you.

If not, I personally suggest an external modem.  They are a lot more
stable, and getting offline is simply a matter of turning the modem off.

- Sam
--
Unique Linux information: http://linux-rules.samiam.org/linux/linux_links.html
Flames directed to /dev/null -|- Spam sent here may be posted to n.a.n-a.email

URGENT HELP with PnP modem

Post by Soruk of Vulca » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> Hey there...

> I recently installed Red Hat 5.0 on my box but I can't get it to work
> with my modem.  I have a 33.6 Sierra Semiconductors PnP modem.  I
> already tryed ISAPNPTOOLS but it was kind of hard and couldn't get it
> going.  I would aprecciate any advice on what to do; either help me out
> with isapnptools or if it's just easier to buy another modem which brand
> is sure to work with linux.

Not having played with a PnP modem this is just a guess...

Have you tried compiling the serial kernel stuff as a module, then inserting
the module after doing the isapnp stuff? This approach got my soundcard
working.

-- Soruk
#include <sigfile.h>        [M1CNV]           http://www.eridani.demon.co.uk
DFAX: +44 (0)8701-600807    P2-333: Windows crashes faster!
PAGER: 04325-309852         Linux: Because Windows95 is a pane in the glass..

URGENT HELP with PnP modem

Post by Miten S Meht » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

7/10/98

Hello,

I am using lynx to web browse and want to use it to access mail.yahoo.com
email account. It looks like the browser needs to be configured to accept
cookies.  could you guide?

1. URGENT HELP with PnP modem.

Hey there...

I recently installed Red Hat 5.0 on my box but I can't get it to work
with my modem.  I have a Sierra 33.6 Sierra Semiconductors PnP modem.  I
already try ISAPNPTOOLS but it was kind of hard and couldn't get it
going.  I would aprecciate any advice on what to do; either help me out
with isapnptools or if it's just easier to buy another modem which brand
is sure to work with linux.

Thanx in advanced for helping..

ReX   ; >

2. RS/6000 Capacity

3. Please help, need help fast, which PnP modem?

4. any help?

5. HELP Hard Disk Crash Kernel 1.1.64,File Recovery Attempts

6. pnp modems without pnp bios

7. PPP causes drive to continually thrash...driving me mad, any ideas?

8. PnP Kernel and PnP Modem

9. My PnP soundcard hates my PnP modem....

10. Newbie: PnP Kernel with PnP Modem

11. ftp/urgent/urgent/urgent

12. URGENT URGENT URGENT