SMC 8416 PnP Network card

Post by carlos_per.. » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have managed to install mandrake 7.0 but I
have not being able to get this ethernet card to
work. It is a Plug and Play which now recognize
by the "isapnp" but the card still does not work.
I also tried Lothar "etherconfig" and I notice
that this card is not in the List.
Questions
1.- Is my card supported ( I look at the supported
  hardware and It said it is )
2.- What else can I do to get this card to work

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. SMC 8416 PnP Ethernet Card installation

I am trying to install 2.2.1 onto my machine.  Having installed via a
PPP connection on my machine at home, I figured I could easily install
it on my work machine via my ethernet card.

I have an SMC 8416 PnP ethernet card that FreeBSD just won't recognize.
I've tried looking for info of any sort on getting this card to work,
but I've so far been very unsuccessful.

So, is it possible to use this card in PnP mode?  If not, how can I get
FreeBSD to recognize this card and use it?

I love FreeBSD and I don't want to have to move to Linux if I don't have
to, although I don't know if Linux will be able to use it either.  I've
tried Solaris x86 as well to see what would happen and got no where.

--
            Mike Digdon # Systems Development # InfoInterActive Inc.

                         Web: http://www.interactive.ca

2. HELP! with Solaris 2.2

3. network card - SMC 8416

4. Physical Memory Addressing

5. SMC 9432 TX (Ether Power II) and SMC Ether EZ (8416)

6. Frozen port

7. SMC 8416 Ethernet Card Problems

8. gethostbyname in 1.0.9 bug?

9. Nic card error smc 8416

10. NIC card trouble..SMC EtherEZ(8416)

11. ISA Ethernet Card SMC Etherez 8416 not detected by Redhat 5.0

12. SMC 8416 Ethernet Card problems

13. SMC 8416 EtherEZ card