Linux Quake2 3.20 w/ Voodoo3 2000

Post by MaNiA » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I downloaded and installed the Voodoo3 Linux drivers just as instructed on
the http://www.xxedge.xx.com/3DFXRPMS.html page. And now I'm able to run
X-Windows in SVGA mode perfectly fine yet I cannot get Quake II to run. If
anyone could provide some rather explicit instructions (or at least how you
did it) in how to get Quake II to run in Linux with a Voodoo3 2000 card
that would be greatly appreciated.

(: ^ )

-MaNiAc

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

Linux Quake2 3.20 w/ Voodoo3 2000

Post by Garrett Blyth » Sun, 10 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have the same setup.
From within X, I use the following commands and it now works fine for me.

garrett

esdctl off
xset r off
export MESA_GLX_FX=fullscreen
cd /usr/local/games/quake2; ./quake2 +set vid_ref glx +set gl_driver \
libMesaGL.so.2 +set _windowed_mouse 1
export MESA_GLX_FX=
xset r on
esdctl on

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

1. help: linux quake2 voodoo3 2000

i recently purchased a new motherboard, and cpu. this
new mb has an agp port so i bought a voodoo3 2000.
is there anyone who can direct me to a good place to
find a howto, or if anyone has it working, might help.
i run debian 2.0

2. Trying First Install

3. Voodoo3 - 2000 on Linux

4. Problem AC97 with SuSE 8.0

5. Linux with a voodoo3 2000 card?

6. SunSoft's Motif help re: xrn

7. Voodoo3 2000 PCI and RedHat 5.2

8. Minicom/rz... how to see output during download?

9. Xfree86 and Voodoo3 2000 PCI

10. AGP aperture size for voodoo3/2000?

11. HELP: X server and 3dfx Voodoo3 2000 card

12. Putting a Voodoo3 2000 AGP to work...

13. Need help with Voodoo3 2000 PCI card