Cable modem under Red Hat 6.0?

Post by Eli » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am having problems getting my cable modem to work with Red Hat Linux
6.0.  Can anyone please give me some tips on how to get the cable modem to
work?

Thank you

Cable modem under Red Hat 6.0?

Post by Vilmos Sot » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> I am having problems getting my cable modem to work with Red Hat Linux
> 6.0.  Can anyone please give me some tips on how to get the cable modem to
> work?

There is a Cable Modem mini HOWTO. Also, it would be useful if you posted
where you live since it seems different cable service providers have
different configs.

Vilmos

Cable modem under Red Hat 6.0?

Post by Ed Wilt » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> I am having problems getting my cable modem to work with Red Hat Linux
> 6.0.  Can anyone please give me some tips on how to get the cable modem to
> work?

http://www.cablemodeminfo.com
Click on Linux Cable Modem Info and you'll get links to lots of info.
The info varies depending on who your cable provider is, what city
you're in, whether you're one-way or two-way, and what version of Linux
you're running.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts
Mounds View, MN, USA

1. Cable Modem under Red Hat 6.0?

I need help getting my cable modem to work under Red Hat Linux 6.0.  I
checked the HOWTO and my provider is not listed.  I am using Blazenet Cable
Modem in Williamsport, PA.  I emailed them and they do not support Linux
and suggested that I ask a local computer dealer or someone else that would
have knowledge in the subject.  The HOWTO did say that any cable modem that
uses a standard ethernet card would work.  Mine uses a satndard ethernet
card with a dynamic IP address.  Can anyone help me?

Thank You

3. Blazenet Cable Modem under Red Hat 6.0?

4. LUG: Speakers needed in Northern California

5. setting up cable modem connection on red hat linux 6.0

6. noapic and usb, linux 2.4.20

7. @Home Cable Modem and RedHat 6.0 -- no packets get past the cable modem at all!

8. Another dumb question ...

9. Red Hat 6.0- @Home cable

10. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

11. please help me on cable modem for Red Hat 7

12. Red Hat 6.1 on GTE WorldWind Cable Modem

13. Red Hat 6.0 and Cablle Modem Internet Connection.