Having trouble getting pgp to compile.

Post by Eric Kahle » Tue, 07 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

        I got  pgp 2.6.2 from MIT, and I can't get it to compile.  rsaref.a compiles fine, but when I
go up to the pgp/src dir and do "make", the individula file compile fine, but when it comes
time to link everything into the pgp executable gcc complains about function references which
are undefined.

        If you've got pgp compiled I'd like to hear from you.

        If you need to know the complaints in order to help I can easily reproduce and mail/post
them.

Thank you.

--
From:  Eric Kahler.

http://mars.superlink.net/user/ekahler/index.html

Having trouble getting pgp to compile.

Post by Michael F Gord » Fri, 10 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>    I got  pgp 2.6.2 from MIT, and I can't get it to compile.  rsaref.a compiles fine, but when I
>go up to the pgp/src dir and do "make", the individula file compile fine, but when it comes
>time to link everything into the pgp executable gcc complains about function references which
>are undefined.

Are you running an ELF-based system?  If so, you need to edit 80386.S and
zmatch.S.  The following shows the changes I made near the start of the
files to get them to compile.  Basically they just take account of the
fact that ELF systems don't prepend an underscore to symbols in compiled
C code.

80386.S:

#ifndef SYSV
#ifdef __STDC__
#ifdef __ELF__
#define ENTRY(name)     .align 4 ; .globl name ; name##:
#else
#define ENTRY(name)     .align 4 ; .globl _##name ; _##name##:
#endif
#else
#define ENTRY(name)     .align 4 ; .globl _/**/name ; _/**/name/**/:
#endif
#else /* SYSV */
#define ENTRY(name)     .align 4 ; .globl name ; name:
#endif

zmatch.S:

#if defined(SYSV) || defined (__ELF__)
#  define _prev             prev
#  define _window           window
#  define _match_start      match_start
#  define _prev_length      prev_length
#  define _good_match       good_match
#  define _strstart         strstart
#  define _max_chain_length max_chain_length

#  define _match_init       match_init
#  define _longest_match    longest_match
#endif
--
Politicians are like nappies, both should be changed regularly
and for the same reason - graffito on a wall in Yeovil.

1. having trouble getting sound working...

G'day,

just installed Mandrake 8.2 on a Toshiba laptop - it has
a Yamaha OPL3-SA3 soundcard in it.

Well you guessed it, no sound; the mp3 player starts and the
display bounces like it's playing, the CD player counts ok,
VCDs play without sound...
Please "give me a clue"(tm) as to where to start.
I'm totally new at this, and kind of overwhelmed by the amount
of reading to be done [even for the basics! :) ]

I went straight to the Mandrake site and searched on "sound"
- it said to do lspcidrake at the command prompt: no listing
of any sound card. No surprise there, I suppose.
Reading further, [search for troubleshooting] leads to another
doc: "Troubleshooting sound of music" which says to do a
command "sndconfig"
But that returns a "command not found".

Digging into the sound-howto doc leads me to look at my
/lib/modules/2.4.4/kernel/drivers/sound/
[although of course in my case it's actually
/lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/kernel/drivers/sound/ ] to see if my
soundcard is there; it's not.

At this stage [do I need to be rebuilding the kernel?] I thought
I'd appeal to the greater wisdom - hopefully someone else has
been through this already, any hints or pointers will be very
very much appreciated.

TIA :)

--

Piano and Synthesizer                 http://www.merlinzener.com
Noosa, Australia

"No-one ever went blind from looking on the bright side of life"

2. Fvwm and warp function

3. Having trouble getting inbound telnet to work properly (updated)

4. Computone Intelliport II and UnixWare

5. Having trouble getting 3D apps to work

6. multiple libc's compatibility problem

7. Having trouble getting linux box on network

8. shell / awk question

9. Trouble compiling pgp 2.6.2 on Linux

10. I'm having some trouble getting a PCMCIA card to work properly

11. HELP: Having big trouble getting sendmail 8.8.4 going with AIX 4.1.4

12. HAving trouble getting xmms to play...

13. Having trouble getting gethostbyaddr() working on Solaris?