Informix-SE 4.01 on Linux

Post by James Shar » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I'm experimenting with running Informix standard engine 4.01 on Linux,
using the Intel Binary Compatibility package with Slackware 2.0.0.
Everything seems to work, except for two things.

1) When I try to select a database to work with within ISQL, it gives me
a "Cannot find current working directory" error.

2) When I try to start the SQLEXECD Daemon, I get a "Cannot bind to
network resource. Invalid Permission" error.  The daemon is started by
root, but suid's to "informix" when run.

Anyone else tried anything like this?

TIA

James Sharp

1. informix databases (dbaaccess)(Informix-SE)

How to get the informix databases. i tried to get from net but i didnot
get . the ibm site is asking for password. how can we get it . i am
asking this because we can de database acess from unix shell scrpting
using informix databses. do any one know how to install and download
the dbaaccess or informix SE.

2. Linux NFS support file/record locking properly?

3. Informix-SE (Linux version) on FreeBSD

4. ps on a solaris

5. INFORMIX-SE download

6. Starting up programs at boot time

7. help with guarding dollar sign

8. Informix SE on Linux => Zombie

9. Anyone running Informix 4GL/SE on Linux or FreeBSD?

10. Informix SE for Linux for free

11. INFORMIX SE on Linux ????