Changing media without umount/mount

Post by Chris Wes » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know if there is a way I can change media in a removable media
device without umounting and remounting.
The program that needs to do this knows the path to the mount point but not
the device which is mounted there.
I know I could parse /proc/mounts to get the device and then umount / mount,
but I'd like to avoid this.
I want to use media that will always contain the same filesystem.

1. Any way to switch removable media without umount/mount?

su - root, 1 step...

exit...

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my

2. Hostname Clarification

3. USB PenDisk mount/umount; mount: No medium found ???

4. Nfsroot Xwindows Problems

5. mount/umount for removable media

6. Resizing windows when using curses

7. Q: Changing SyQuest media without booting?

8. ICL EtherTeam 16 Card

9. How to avoid "media changed" message when mounting CD ?

10. Changing permissions on file underlying the mount point without unmounting file system

11. migrating a filesystem between volume groups without changing mount point

12. Removable media shared over NFS can't be umounted

13. mount: mount point /media/cdrom0 does not exist