LINUX & RedHat/CA Unicenter TNG

Post by Jon Everto » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I picked up a copy of  CA's TNG framework for linux systems at this
years CA-World.

I've installed it but....yeah well, but!

Anybody got it working successfully?

Regards
Jon

LINUX & RedHat/CA Unicenter TNG

Post by Gregg Freema » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Are you stupid?

Why would you ever install ANYTHING from CA on your box?

We have worked with Unicenter TNG for 3 years, and it still
doesn't work as advertised.  It's not you.  Its the software.

It's crap.

Sometime I'll tell you how I really feel.... :)

If you really need a Enterprise Management System, use something
like Tivoli or BMC patrol.  CA software just stinks...

1. CA-UniCenter/TNG: any users?

In view of upcoming implementations, I am trying to find a newsgroup in
which questions or experiences with UniCenter/TNG are discussed (or for
that matter the current "plain" UniCenter).

I haven't found any likely newsgroups except this one. So. is there
anybody out there who is using TNG; or is there anybody who can point
me to a more appropriate newsgroup.
                                             +--------------------------------+
---------------------------------------------|PLEASE NOTE MY NEW EMAIL ADDRESS|
                                             +--------------------------------+

Origin-IT - Technical Services/Midrange Systems           Phone: +31 40 2785698
Building VN5, Eindhoven, The Netherlands                    Fax: +31 40 2783962
A member of the Philips Group of Companies

2. Help w/Exabyte-10h Tape Jukebox

3. Unicenter TNG with Advanced Help Desk Option Integration

4. Korn Shell ?: results from an FTP or REXEC command?

5. Enterprise Management Discussions (Unicenter TNG, HP OpenView, Tivoli, Platinum Tech.)

6. pop3 get mail err- Can't get lock

7. Enterprise Management Forum (Unicenter TNG, OpenView, Tivoli, Platinum)

8. SMC ultra Elite (WD8013) & RH 7.0

9. Unicenter TNG, Tivoli, Openview

10. Enterprise Management Discussions (Unicenter TNG, HP OpenView, Tivoli, Platinum Tech.)

11. Any Unicenter TNG / OpenView experiences???

12. Enterprise Management Forum (Unicenter TNG, OpenView, Tivoli, Platinum)