xdm problems - can't shutdown

Post by John Thompso » Mon, 08 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, it did not solve my problem - perhaps
> since I am on a standalone computer. Upon killing xdm and choosing to exit X,
> I ended up at the thatch grey screen that comes up before the login prompt or
> the actual X environment. From there all I could do is turn off the computer.
> I am not too worried about improper shutdowns yet, since this current
> installation is for learning purposes mainly (but would rather not have those
> problems, of course).

"CTRL-R" will kill xdm, then you can use "CTRL-ALT-DEL" to
shutdown.

--

1. can't shutdown with 'shutdown'

Any body experienced this?

If you issue init 0  / init 5 / init 6 /shutdown -i0 -g0 -y ... the
system just pretends not hearing it.
Actually, it heard it -  because the process 1(init) caught the signals,
but after setcontext, it just go pause...

Any suggestions?

TIA

Liu Xu

2. How to get name of exe file

3. Shutdown doesn't work from X/XDM

4. Apache 1.1b4: ScoreBoardFile: HP/UX

5. Can't shutdown inside xdm

6. 4mm DAT tape on RS/6000

7. xdm problem: rlogin doesn't work under xdm

8. Making Filenames Lower Case

9. 'xdm' & 'more' problems, what was the answer again?

10. It's not bad canned meat...

11. Can't shutdown - get message Shutdown is already running