netscape won't start, solution

Post by Bob van der Poe » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Sometimes my netscape will just not start. Each time I click the
<netscape> icon, a new netscape process starts, but they all stay in the
background.

When this happens, a ps (as root) will show a zombie request-route
process. It can't be killed.

However, if you kill kerneld the request-route will go away. Now restart
kerneld and all works.

Hope this helps someone. BTW, I don't understand it at all, especially
since all my net stuff is in the kernel and doesn't rely on kerneld...oh
well.

--
   __
  /  )      /         Bob van der Poel

/___/_(_) /_)         http://www2.awinc.com/users/bvdpoel

1. Netscape won't start media player

I have a streaming video file(.asf) located on my Apache server.
When I use IE 5.0 to access the file it automatically starts the MS
Media Player and I can see the video clip.  When I try to use Netscape
4.X to access the file all I get is a bunch of code scrolling by.  I have
this
same file on xoom.com and it works with both IE and Netscape so I'm
pretty sure the problem is with the Apache configuration.
I have also accessed this file from several PC's running Netscape and get
the
same result. So I know it's not a particular browser config problem.
 I'm running Apache 1.3.12 on a Linux 6.2 platform.  Can anyone
tell me how to fix this??????  Thanks in advance!!!!!

2. remotely initiating ppp connection

3. Bad magic number with Netscape: won't start

4. Finer time resolution possible?

5. netscape won't start from Xwindow or command prompt

6. R5 CD-ROM

7. Help: Netscape 6 won't start

8. SLS Problems 2

9. Netscape Enterprise won't start

10. Netscape won't start (sometimes!)

11. Netscape won't start

12. netscape won't start, but the libs seem correct

13. Netscape won't start