Linux Wannabe Questions

Post by The Clark » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

What all is involved in upgrading the Linux kernel?  We have an ancient
Yggdrasil kernel (1.2) that is now seeming to fall apart under heavy usage.
 I inherited the system from a previous Sys Admin and don't know a lot
about Linux except what I learned through trial and error (lots of
errors!!).

How do I maintain my current UUCP, smail, passwords and userids?  This is a
production server and I can't*it up!!  As you can tell I am more than
a little lost.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

1. Newbie / Wannabe question about getting into linux

Hi all,

I know my hardware is OK, running intel based PC and have two UDMA HD,
presume that a partition on the second HD is a good place to install
linux, my questions are..

where is a good place to get it? (no huge downloads pls)

what version / extras should I get for PC hardware compliance?

what learning materials should I get / use?

what should i do to prevent it "screwing" with my existing win95
installation and hardware?

will a FAT32 partition on HD#2 be OK? and how big?

how should I boot into linux / win95 at will?

what is a good source for apps, (like winfiles.com) once I have the
OS?

many thanks,

GF

2. AWK Question???????

3. Question from a Linux wannabe

4. using sort to alphabetize

5. Questions from a Linux Wannabe??

6. Netscape Java Problem

7. Wannabe SunCluster question

8. Maxtor vs. WD HD?

9. Please help a confused LINUX wannabe.

10. A MUST read article for Linux fans and wannabes.

11. A Linux wannabe

12. Linux Wannabe -> Looking for configuration suggestions

13. linux wannabe here