Boca fax modem problem with fax. help!

Post by Sergei Naum » Wed, 08 Mar 1995 13:26:48

Folks!
I've put my hands on Boca MV28KI fax modem. It is 28,800 bps, and I
can't force it to work in the fax mode. When I send something
over it stops the transmission after several dots on the paper
appear, so it look s like it sends only the first portion of
data. Then it interrupts. Before that, though, it writes some
kind of warning about XON/XOFF junk. I tried it under Dos and it
worked there. So, I looked the initialization string and found
"&K3" which supposes to turn CTS on. I have put the one in
efax but still... It doesn't work. The settings are that the beast should
bargain for the connection speed. Did anybody experience anything
similar?

--
++++++++++++ http://sunsite.oit.unc.edu/sergei/Me/Serge.html ++++++++++

+Department of Physics & Astronomy, UNC-CH, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA+
++++++++++++++++++ !! 8 bit (Cyrillic) mail accepted !!++++++++++++++++

1. Any fax programs available for Class-1 fax modem?

I have a US Robotics Sportster 14400 Fax modem which is has class-1 fax
capibility.  I looked at all(?, three there) the fax programs on sunsite,
but none seems to support Class-1 fax modem.  Any suggestions?
        Any information is appreciated.
        Happy New Year!
-Weimin

2. Idle daemon untamo config mods?

3. Fax modems answering data calls as FAX

4. SUMMARY: Disk Quotas

5. (Q) Use fax/modem as outbound fax?

6. ISDN and RedHat 5.2

7. Boca SE1440 & USR 33600 Internal Voice/Fax Modem

8. windoze tip for unix command line lovers

9. Can't get Boca internal 56K voice/data/fax modem to work

10. BOCA voice/fax/data modem support

11. Q:RH 6.1 will not detect isapnp boca research fax data modem (33.6 Kbps)

12. boca research home FAX modem

13. PCMCIA Modem Help- IBM Fax data modem V.90