Creating X fonts from TEX fonts

Post by Adam T » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I would like to create some fonts for X using the Metafont source of
some fonts used in the Lilypond
project.  I have looked around and not found any information on how to
do this.

Can anyone help?

Adam

--
Adam Tee
Postgraduate Research Student

Post by Matt Gushe » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I would like to create some fonts for X using the Metafont source of
> some fonts used in the Lilypond
> project.  I have looked around and not found any information on how to
> do this.

> Can anyone help?

Not much, but I notice there is a program called pktopbm
... presumably you use that to produce PBM bitmaps from PK fonts
... then I'm sure there must be, somewhere, a tool that will create X
fonts from bitmaps.

Another thought that occurs to me is that (assuming your X server/font
server can display Type 1 fonts) there is a package of Type 1 versions
of the standard TeX fonts. Maybe if you contacted the people
responsible for that (info at http://www.tug.org/ or
http:/nwalsh.com/, perhaps?), they could tell you how they did it.

Sounds like an interesting project. Hope it works out.
--
Matt Gushee
Portland, Maine, USA

http://www.havenrock.com/

1. FONTS FONTS AND MORE FONTS

Hi all,

I have Solaris 2.5.1 installed on a Sparc 20 and and running CDE. I am
rather disappointed with the fonts that are installed. Is there a way
to make more fonts available to the system?

Also, where can I get aforementioned "more fonts"?

TIA.

--
Divya Sundaram --------------------------------------CONDITUR IN PETRA
".. More is demanded to produce one wise man today than seven formerly,

2. HP-LaserJet5L

3. FONTS FONTS FONTS... LOTS OF THEM!!!!!!!

4. Problems with chat

5. Fonts with xdvi and tex...

6. Passive FTP proxy with IPF ?

7. Viewing TeX fonts

8. BellSouth DSL

9. TeX - dvips fonts

10. Tex and fonts/Slackware

11. Using fonts in TeX

12. Where to get TeX macro packages and fonts?

13. cron job removes TeX fonts in Redhat 5.0 (MakeTeXPK harassment)