Bridge

Post by Jedi Master Yo » Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a decent Bridge game for Linux/X? Actually, it
doesn't even have to be decent. I can't find anything of the sort. I
refuse to believe that _no-one_ has had a go at it.

JMY

Bridge

Post by Arnaud Ko » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Does anyone know of a decent Bridge game for Linux/X? Actually, it
> doesn't even have to be decent. I can't find anything of the sort. I
> refuse to believe that _no-one_ has had a go at it.

There is a commercial bridge game available. It's called GIB and is
shipped with linux executables. Look at http://www.gibware.com

Arnaud.

1. Bridging Firewall - got bridging working, How do I firewall?

Hello,

I'm running a minimal install of Fedora Core 1 with the
2.4.22-1.2174.nptl kernel.  I installed bridge-utils, bridging seems to
work fine, but I'm wondering how exactly I start packet filtering with
iptables?  Do I need the ebtables/bridge-nf patch on my kernel before
this will work, or is it already built in to Fedora's custom kernel and
I need to do something to enable it?  Right now while testing, if I set
two machines on either side of the bridge to continuously ping each
other, and I set every default iptables policy to DROP (every valid
combo filter, mangle, nat and INPUT, OUTPUT, FORWARD, PREROUTING,
POSTROUTING), the ping still work fine, so obviously I'm missing
something as how to drop the icmp packets.

I set bridging up as follows:
ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up
ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0 up
brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 eth0
brctl addif br0 eth1
ifconfig br0 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0

Ultimately I want to only allow certain ip addresses on one side of the
bridge to only be able to connect to certain ip addresses / tcp ports on
the other side (with netfilter's state connection tracking).

Thanks,
Josh

2. Recent problems with my cablemodem (using DHCP)

3. PATCH: Fix CardBus bridge behind a PCI bridge

4. Can't configure Xfree

5. bridging problem -- bridge needs IP address

6. Promise Fastrak-66 RAID Card beta Drivers available!!

7. S1692DL Tiger 2 unknown PCI bridge :unknown Host bridge :unknown PCI Device

8. Ftp problems

9. Configuring PCI<-->PCI bridges behind Cardbus bridges

10. 2.4.21-rc6-ac1 PCMCIA: Cardbus bridge behind transparent P2P bridge

11. Bridge: Linux as a bridge

12. Can I bridge without a bridge?

13. When bridging on OpenBSD, OpenBSD-bridge have problem about arp....