create a new databse with adabas

Post by Jens Rimku » Mon, 19 Jun 2000 04:00:00

hi folks :-)

i don't know, if this is the right group, but i have the following prob:

i am using linux kernel 2.2.10 and "adabas d - personal edition"

whenever i try to create a new database , i get the following messages:

        1563 -11706 WARNING: shareddynpool too small in XPARAM
        1553 -11987 ABEND: KERNEL CRUSHING

for i am an adabas newbie, i don't know what to do ;-(

perhaps there is anybody out there, who can and will help me?

thx

cu
jens

1. Creating a new filesystem in a new partition

Greetings all,

     I have 3 gigs of freespace on my 12 gig HD.  I would like to
partition this space and make it available to both my Red Hat 6.1 OS and
my Win98 OS.  Therefore, it has to be a FAT32 filesystem. I can't use
fdisk in windows to do this because it doesn't recognize linux.  In
other words, windoze fdisk shows 5 gigs of free space when this is
definately not true, linux is taking up 2 gigs. I don't want to use the
win fdisk in fear of it screwing up my linux system. Cfdisk in linux
shows the proper HD setup with the correct amount of freespace, so I
would like to use this program.  My question, however, is which type of
filesystem  should I format the drive in?..it doesn't seem to write
FAT32 filesystems, only FAT16 versions.  Can I choose any FAT16 version
and write that filesystem so that windoze recongnizes it, and then
reformat the partition (new win drive) into a FAT32 from inside windoze?
How should I go about accomplishing this task without screwing anything
up?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I thank everyone who helps in advance = )

2. Lose Time Setting after PC Turned Off.

3. New items in the "Create new" menu

4. Programming the Function Keys

5. How to create a new locale with a new character set ?

6. PC to Unix connectivity

7. Creating a new filesystem in a new partition

8. Get user name (UNIX/Apollo).

9. Xpmac on PB G3 complains about rgb databse?!

10. <<Looking for ODBC compliant databse for linux>>

11. error opening hast databse

12. linux password databse

13. Databse, Web pages, and other features.. Need help