RedHat 5.0 system won't see Voodoo2 board

RedHat 5.0 system won't see Voodoo2 board

Post by Jim Gross » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Trying to run Quake2 in gl mode I get the following
messages:

  ref_gl version: GL 0.01
  R_Setmode() -CDS not allowed with this driver
  Initializing OpenGL display....
  setting mode 3: 640 480
  _GlideInitEnvironment: glide2xx.dll expected
  voodoo graphics, none detected.

  I have the newest Glibc libraries
  (Glide_V2-2.51-3.i386.glib.rpm) installed.
  at least I think their installed. Rpm
  says they are not installed if I try to
  uninstall them, and says they are installed
  if I try to install them. I have to force
  the install with --replacepkgs.

  I believe that installing these libraries
  broke something. Quake2 was working before
  I tried to upgrade to svgalib 1.3, I had
  problems with this upgrade (it's ok now, quake
  works with the software renderer now), and
  tried various things to get quake working.
  Including the installation of these libraries.

  Does anyone know what  filed are needed to run
  Quake2 in gl mode? What are their symlinks,
  directories and such.

  Any help is appreciated.

  BTW, it seems that with the error messages saying
  "voodoo graphics expected" that it's looking for
  a voodoo 1 board instead of a voodoo 2!!

--

****************
Jim Grossl

Boise, Idaho USA
****************

1. Netscape 4.05 Homepage in RedHat 5.0 - won't change from RedHat

I change the settings inside netscape preferences to change the
default homepage.  When I click the homepage button it works and takes
me there, but when Netscape is started it won't default to anything
but the default RedHat page installed in my machine.  How can change
the default page that comes up when netscape first comes up??

Thanks in advance for any help, ed.

2. Can I run Linux on Packard Bell Legend 812CD?

3. Voodoo2 boards not working with Redhat 7.0

4. Mandrake installation my a$$, help me please!

5. Need Sanyo CD-ROM drivers

6. RedHat 5.0 won't load my 3com509 card Help

7. CRC error while attempting to install ...

8. Redhat 5.0 x won't start with new kernel

9. Redhat 5.0 LILO won't install

10. TriTeal CDE 4.2 won't work under Redhat 5.0

11. Redhat 5.0 won't recompile

12. Redhat 5.0 kernel won't recompile