Help with Daylight saving time...

Post by Charles-Edouard RUAUL » Thu, 03 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm leaving in France and i'm having a little problem with
Linux & the clock :
Until this year, the change between Daylight saving time and
"normal" time was on the last week-end of September ( my timezone is
MET ). Everything was working fine.
This year in France, they introduced a change : the time change is
now on the last week-end of october so my Linux Box is now one our
late because the change already occured...
Is there a patch somewhere to the MET timezone in order to have
the right time ???

Thanks for your help.

Charles-Edouard RUAULT
--
*******************************

*   http://www.FranceWay.com
*******************************

Post by Rolf Skowron » Thu, 03 Oct 1996 04:00:00

: Hi,

: I'm leaving in France and i'm having a little problem with
: Linux & the clock :
: Until this year, the change between Daylight saving time and
: "normal" time was on the last week-end of September ( my timezone is
: MET ). Everything was working fine.
: This year in France, they introduced a change : the time change is
: now on the last week-end of october so my Linux Box is now one our
: late because the change already occured...
: Is there a patch somewhere to the MET timezone in order to have
: the right time ???

There is a patch to fix this problem:

Get all files matching tz.* from
        ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pub/Linux/timezone/
and follow the tz.README.

Rolf

--

Help with Daylight saving time...

Post by B.A.McCau.. » Thu, 03 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm leaving in France and i'm having a little problem with
>Linux & the clock :
>Until this year, the change between Daylight saving time and
>"normal" time was on the last week-end of September ( my timezone is
>MET ). Everything was working fine.
>This year in France, they introduced a change : the time change is
>now on the last week-end of october so my Linux Box is now one our
>late because the change already occured...
>Is there a patch somewhere to the MET timezone in order to have
>the right time ???

Yes, I saw it advertised on the newsgroups in the last week.  Can't
recall the details - I guess you'll just have to do a string search on
the subject lines.  (Something that is never a bad idea before you post).

1. Daylight Saving Time

Does anyone have a shell script which can be used to determine the date on
which the shift between standard time and daylight time will occur? What I
want to be able to do is run the script and have it return a default
machine-readable date (i.e. YYYYMMDD) of the date that the shift will occur
with an optional switch which will return the number of days until the next
shift occurs. Thus, if it is run on the Sunday that occurs just one week
prior to the shift the return value will be 7. If it is run on the day that
the shift occurs it would return approximately 180 days.

2. Newbie Sendmail problem

3. Problems with daylight saving time

4. sockets or stream ?

5. Changing to Daylight Saving TIme

6. Del and Backspace keys

7. Daylight saving time methods?

8. Postgres95 (pg95) for Linux 2.0

9. ctime() problem with daylight saving time?

10. New daylight saving time code for SunOS 4.x?

11. How to set correct time: GMT vs. Daylight Saving?

12. daylight saving time

13. Daylight Saving Time