how to release IP in Linux?

Post by Andrew Won » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 04:07:58

I am using DHCP to connect to the internet...
but how can I release it ?
thx a lot...

how to release IP in Linux?

Post by Michael Heimin » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 05:39:42

20:07:
[SNIP of repeated question in comp..]

Please read: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html

Michael Heiming
--
Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

how to release IP in Linux?

Post by Dances With Cro » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 05:52:00

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:07:58 +0800, Andrew Wong staggered into the Black
Sun and said:

Quote:> I am using DHCP to connect to the internet...  but how can I release
> it ?

"man dhcpcd", paying particular attention to the -k option.

Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /

how to release IP in Linux?

Post by Bit Twist » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:29:01

> I am using DHCP to connect to the internet...
> but how can I release it ?
> thx a lot...

man the_dhcp_client_you_are_using_here

1. OpenServer Release 5 competitive trade-ins

At SCO Forum this week, I asked some of our sales people to explain our
"competitive trade-in" programs.  Here's what I learned.

This is absolutely unofficial and I might have completely misunderstood
part of it.  Your milage may vary, etc.

"Competitive trade-ins" are trade-in offers for competing Unix products.
They are offered for any Intel Unix based on AT&T/USL System V code
(e.g.  Interactive Unix, Microport System V/AT, Novell UnixWare, Solaris
x86, etc.)  I don't know if we would consider non-Intel or non-SysV
products.  Also, "competitive trade-in" is the only upgrade path from
older SCO products: pre-2.3 SCO XENIX releases, 286 XENIX releases, and
possibly pre-2.0 ODT/pre-3.2v4.0 Unix releases.

Two trade-ins are offered: for $444(*), to SCO OpenServer Release 5 Host
System 5-user; for $777(*), to SCO OpenServer Release 5 Enterprise
System.

(*)A bunch of notes about pricing:

  o They're US prices, international prices (and policies?) *will* vary

  o Prices *are* discountable if you are a dealer, distributor etc.

  o I don't know whether they include SCO SES (Software Enhancement
    Service)

  o I don't know if media charges are extra

  o Printed doc charges are almost certainly extra (as with standard
    Open Server Release 5, all docs are provided online, printed are
    extra)

  o The usual complex pricing system for additional users, add-on
    layered products, etc. applies

  o I might have misunderstood the prices

"Contact your reseller or SCO for more information"

2. file size > 2GB

3. IP Accounting doesn't work for PPP dial-ins :-(( ??

4. Once again: xvnews&xmailtool for Linux

5. Sherlock linux plug-ins / sherlock for linux?

6. SIGKILL/SIGTERM

7. how to release IP in Linux?

8. Hitachi CM2198MU monitor???

9. A new release of mobile IP within the Linux kernel

10. Releasing IP adresses in Linux Redhat 6.1

11. how to release IP in Linux?

12. A new release of mobile IP within the Linux kernel

13. Linux Mobile IP(New Release)