Unable to open Console

Post by Dustin M. Luci » Sat, 21 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I have two linux boxes with the same problem.  in x, I am unable to
open a console.  This is not vital, but some of my error messages are
not being written to the normal xterm.  I have tried the MAKEDEV
script, but beyond that I don't no where to begin.

thank you
dustin lucien

p.s
I apologize for poor hand eye coordination.  I accidentally posted
this to the linux.answers group.  I need to work on my aim.
Dustin M. Lucien
Undergraduate Student, Case Western Reserve University
Department of Biomedical Engineering

HOME:(216)331-4185

Unable to open Console

Post by bill pembert » Sat, 28 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>I have two linux boxes with the same problem.  in x, I am unable to
>open a console.  This is not vital, but some of my error messages are
>not being written to the normal xterm.  I have tried the MAKEDEV
>script, but beyond that I don't no where to begin.

>thank you
>dustin lucien

>p.s
>I apologize for poor hand eye coordination.  I accidentally posted
>this to the linux.answers group.  I need to work on my aim.
>Dustin M. Lucien
>Undergraduate Student, Case Western Reserve University
>Department of Biomedical Engineering

>HOME:(216)331-4185

have you tried to link console to tty0?
--
junk email will be proofread and billed at $5/word.  payment due upon demand.