how to prevent ispell from leaving tem file?

how to prevent ispell from leaving tem file?

Post by bree.. » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:11:13

ispell tends to leave a "backup" file in /tmp.
for example, if you use pine to compose a message, then use ispell to
spell check, ispell will leave a copy of the original, unaltered file in
/tmp as /tmp/picoxxxx.
anything i can do to stop this behavior? thanks.

1. Left vs. Ctl-Left vs. Alt-Left

I'm running Red Hat Linux 4.1.  For Bash, I'd like to be able to associate
different commands to the left arrow key, ctl-left and alt-left.  Likewise for
the right arrow key.  Unfortunately, "cat -t" and "ctl-v" both report that all
variants of left generate the same keystroke;  likewise for right.  Is there any
way to generate a different command for each variant?

Dave Morgenlender

2. Needed, shell programming standards

3. Is there ispell.el for ispell ver 4.0 ??

4. x86 IDE cdrom question

5. ispell-region error: Ispell misalignment (solved???)

6. gcc 2.7.2.3 fails to compile groff c++

7. How to prevent users from leaving their home directory!

8. login to X as non-root

9. Prevent File Access with Files or FilesMatch Directive

10. Apache 1.3.3 log file rotation leaves open file descriptors

11. british.hash Ispell file

12. usage of affix file in ispell utility......

13. archives of comps.os.linux.development.system