redhat linux and pap/chap

Post by Roger Jans » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>The easiest way using redhat 5.1 is to open your control panel (you have to be
>root),
>1. click the 'Network Configuration' button
>2. click 'Interfaces'
>3. click 'add'
>4. select your network type ppp, and click 'ok'
>5. in the window that comes select the 'use PAP authentication' and fill in the
>rest of the stuff.
>6. after that's all filled in, hit the 'customize' button and change your modem
>to what you use /dev/cua2

>That's all there is to it.

That's not completely true. On the first tab of the Network Configurator you
need to enter the ip-nrs of the DNS servers of the ISP you're dialing into.
This is also essential.

--=JALA=--

1. pppd - PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 protocol negotiation

Hi,

We have clients connecting to pppd 2.4.2b1.
Clients are able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 if
the pppd configuration is set up to require a specific protocol, eg:

If we change /etc/ppp/options to not request a specific protocol,
clients can only connect using PAP or MS-CHAP-V2. Client trying to
connect through CHAP or MS-CHAP fail and Pppd logs the error "peer
refused to authenticate: terminating link"

pppd configuration:

We'd like our clients to be able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP
or MS-CHAP-v2, the protocol being negotiated by server and client...

I suppose it's a pppd configuration issue; any help is highly
appreciated.
Thx.
dan

2. argus on Solaris 2.5.1

3. redhat linux and pap/chap

4. Genius Easypen A6

5. control the bridge

6. Howto dial ISP running NT4 - chap, pap, ms-chap?

7. IP aliasing on v1.2.13

8. Setting up PPP (possibly using PAP/CHAP) on Redhat 7.1

9. Under RedHat 5 PPP how do you switch from PAP to CHAP?

10. PAP/CHAP Problems in RedHat

11. PAP/CHAP on a Linux PPP Server

12. Pap/Chap authentication with Suse Linux