I need help keeping the correct time

I can't get linux to keep the correct time.  Can anyone help?

Post by J. S. Jense » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> I can't get linux to keep the correct time.  Can anyone help?

hardware issue, not Linux.

cron a /usr/sbin/netdate to a NIST machine.

See:

http://www.bldrdoc.gov/timefreq/service/nts.htm

--
J. S. Jensen

http://www.Paramin.COM

I need help keeping the correct time

Post by Bill Unr » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I can't get linux to keep the correct time.  Can anyone help?

It is not Linux, it is your computer tht has problems.
Anyway, get chrony, an ntp program which is also designed to set up your
real time clock and correct the Linux clock with respect to it.

Post by David Steube » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

-> I can't get linux to keep the correct time.  Can anyone help?

Give it a watch.

rdate
xntp

--
David Steuber
http://www.david-steuber.com

If you wish to reply by mail, _please_ replace 'trashcan' with 'david'
in the e-mail address.  The trashcan account really is a trashcan.

It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.
                -- Andrew Jackson