(<><>)*Linux*Screen*Difficulties*(<><>)

Post by Shawn Smit » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>OK ive been having display installation/setup problems with Corel linux
>Delux for awhile now but finally i have gotten into the Linux Desktop and
>my display is so big that i cannot see the full desktop on my screen
>because it's size causes it to extend beyond the monitor barriers, which
>brings me to these 2 questions.......

>1)What is the Problem?

There is none. Its a matter of preference.

Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config file by putting a # in front of the line that starts
with the word "virtual".

--
All the best,
Shawn Smith  !UNT Proud!

(<><>)*Linux*Screen*Difficulties*(<><>)

Post by N/A » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

OK ive been having display installation/setup problems with Corel linux
Delux for awhile now but finally i have gotten into the Linux Desktop and
my display is so big that i cannot see the full desktop on my screen
because it's size causes it to extend beyond the monitor barriers, which
brings me to these 2 questions.......

1)What is the Problem?
2)Why is my desktop display too large for my screen?

i have adjusted my vertical/horizontal specifications and everything to
match my manual so..........anotherwords i dont get it???

thanks a lot---------->DKWII.