Help: Netscape 6 won't start

Post by Matt Foste » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I downloaded and installed Netscape 6 according to the instructions, but it
won't start.  Here's what it says when I try to run it...

/opt/netscape

/run-mozilla.sh ./mozilla-bin
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/opt/netscape
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/netscape/Cool:/opt/netscape:/usr/local/qt/lib:/usr/local/q
t/lib
          LIBPATH=/opt/netscape:/opt/netscape/Cool
       SHLIB_PATH=/opt/netscape:/opt/netscape/Cool
      XPCS_HOME=/opt/netscape/Cool
      MOZ_PROGRAM=./mozilla-bin
      MOZ_TOOLKIT=
        moz_debug=0
     moz_de*=
nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(/tmp/.tmp.xi.0/bin/components/libxpinstall.so
) Load FAILED with error: <unknown; can't get error from NSPR>
Could not obtain CmdLine processing service

Any help with this one??

Matt

1. Netscape won't start media player

I have a streaming video file(.asf) located on my Apache server.
When I use IE 5.0 to access the file it automatically starts the MS
Media Player and I can see the video clip.  When I try to use Netscape
4.X to access the file all I get is a bunch of code scrolling by.  I have
this
same file on xoom.com and it works with both IE and Netscape so I'm
pretty sure the problem is with the Apache configuration.
I have also accessed this file from several PC's running Netscape and get
the
same result. So I know it's not a particular browser config problem.
 I'm running Apache 1.3.12 on a Linux 6.2 platform.  Can anyone
tell me how to fix this??????  Thanks in advance!!!!!

2. SLIP for Solaris 2.5.1

3. Bad magic number with Netscape: won't start

4. Recommend a modem?

5. netscape won't start from Xwindow or command prompt

6. Diamond Stealth 64 (Ho ho)

7. Netscape Enterprise won't start

8. No Screens!

9. Netscape won't start (sometimes!)

10. Netscape won't start

11. netscape won't start, but the libs seem correct

12. Netscape won't start

13. Netscape 4.0 Won't Start