BG Process Fails

Post by Ollie Aches » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to run a shell script via cron but my problem is that it fails
in cron even though it works fine when I invoke it at the prompt.

At firt I thought it was path related, so I reset the path in the script.
Still fails. I now have it executing "set" so I can check other environment
variables.

In the meantime, are there any special things I should know about running
in background or in cron?

Thanks,

Ollie

--
|---------------------------|
| Ollie Acheson             |

1. Wireless on Inter Pro 2200 BG cards... fails after some time

Hi,
I have followd the discussion over here regarding the installation of
the wireless drivers. I am even able to get connectivity. However,
after around 10-15 minutes. My wireless connectivity is lost and I cant
even execute the .load and .unload provided with the drivers (what is
interesting is that i even lose ability to do modprobe!!! - it returns
file/cmd not found error, as if the paths are screwed up). Anybody
ever had this sort of trouble after installing and running the ipw2200
drivers?

My system is a dell inspiron 600m. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

PS: Even while writing this.. the connection went away and i had to
reboot (Note that I have connectiviy when ever i boot up, coz i have
ONBOOT= Yes.)

2. #9 Motion 331 compatibility

3. bg process into fg

4. compaq Professional 8000

5. Input to bg process?

6. Installing a new theme

7. BG processes...

8. PLIP in 1.1.94, gone ?

9. Limit BG processes

10. BG Processes

11. bg processes left behind via xinitrc?

12. Am running a process in bg without an & ????

13. limiting bg processes