Viewing a PDF file inside Konqueror

Post by Massoud B. Zade » Thu, 23 May 2002 18:39:55

Hi All
   Is it possible to open a PDF file in the konqueror's window instead of
openning it separatlely? (As it is possible in netscape by defining
acroread as a plugin).

Thanks in advance
- Massoud

Post by Dave Uhrin » Fri, 24 May 2002 05:29:18

> Hi All
>    Is it possible to open a PDF file in the konqueror's window instead
>    of
> openning it separatlely? (As it is possible in netscape by defining
> acroread as a plugin).

KDE has its own PS/PDF viewer.  Just click on a PDF file icon.

Post by Ranso » Fri, 24 May 2002 17:23:30

> Hi All
>    Is it possible to open a PDF file in the konqueror's window
>    instead of
> openning it separatlely? (As it is possible in netscape by
> defining acroread as a plugin).

With kghostview you can. Konqueror->Settings->Configure
Konqueror->File Associations->applications->pdf->Embedding->Show
File in embedded viewer

HTH,
Ransom

1. BUG: KDE 2.1.2 Konqueror & viewing PDF file - mouse freezes

I'm running SuSE 7.1 upgraded to XFree-4.0.3 and KDE-2.1.2 from SuSE rpms.

I have found a reproducible problem when viewing this pdf file :

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/articles/issue11/lu11-True_Stories-Microso...

When you enlarge the PDF viewer window that Konqi puts up, and magnify
Twice to make it more readable, the mouse pointer becomes frozen.

It is still possible to use keyboard, but I have to <CNTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE>
to restart X to get use of mouse back.

Is this a known problem, fixed in 2.2, reproducible by others?
Does it need reporting somewhere else?

Rob

2. help: ip_fw and network monitoring.

3. Using Adobe Acrobat for viewing pdf in Konqueror

4. S3 968 2MB VRAM, Desktop is slightly "wrapped"- HELP.

5. Disabling Kghostview for Konqueror PDF viewing

6. three oops starting XF86 4.3.0 on i810 video card (kernel 2.5.67)

7. konqueror View->View Mode->Kmozilla error?

8. sndconfig for onboard pci audio

9. Viewing PDF files

10. viewing PDF files !!

11. Viewing Portable Doc Format (PDF) files under Linux

12. Konqueror File Manager & *.PDF

13. Viewing problems with PDF files