Ifconfig et Cie.

Post by Genevieve Arboi » Thu, 26 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I am really new at trying to configure a viable network based on a Linux
box, and I would really appreciate any help with some hopefully not too
fuzzy questions... The Linux machine is a 486 running with Slackware 3.1,
and is networked (in an attempted way) to a Win95 machine.

The actual question is about routed and ifconfig, and how to use them to set
up a subnet on the Linux box... I.e.: I have a TCP/IP connection though a
card via eth0, I would like to route another network card (eth1) to the
Win95 box and set up a TCP/IP line on a subnet. I have had no luck with
this, although I can get those two commands to recognize multiple ethernet
cards...

Would I have to do anything in particular? Any clue or tentative clue will
be very welcomed!

Please reply by e-mail too.
Thanks in advance,

Genevieve Arboit

http://alcor.concordia.ca/~g_arboi/

1. Ifconfig et Cie.

[...]

2. Bad Form ( WAS Re: Les Potter Resume, etc.)

3. Ifconfig, and cie.

4. pam under freebsd?

5. SuSE 7.1/Apple Mac/La Cie HD

6. "C Compiler can't create execuatables" message

7. ifconfig le0 and ifconfig le1 show same MAC address

8. Solaris 9

9. Weird ifconfig error: ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): File exists

10. Work station cies internet address?

11. Biezacy katalog w Promp'cie

12. CIE 680/30 MultiBus startup problems...

13. La Cie Magneto Optical drive